Sky Anytime on DreamBoxes

zoro25

Attack of the Clones
Reaction score
Website
www.thetestmanager.com
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 800 - Nabilosat Image and 250gig Hard-drive (pointing at 28.2E)
Dreambox 7020 with 120 gig hard-drive disk - running a motorised dish
DM600 +DM500
although only usually the 800 and 7020 are both on.
My Location
UK
Please excuse the ramble as I'll be writing this as I think out ideas.

I've been thinking that Sky Anytime is broadcast on a normal transponder I'm guessing the same one as the EPG

12012 V? on 28.2E

My normal white card can pick up anytime when its in the sky box so I'm wondering if its possible to pick up anytime in the Dreambox.

To my knowledge anytime works by checking if there is a free tuner if so then it will record using that free tuner.
Would leaving my box on the anytime transponder overnight work? (long shot)

My Dreambox can pick up anything my SkyHD box can , except the Box Office programs which to my knowledge use a differing encryption scheme which none of the current Cams handle?.
(But even if anytime was using the box office encryption rather than the standard NDS 0963 encryption then sky must send an allow signal to all cards for that program on anytime for it to work on standard boxes).

The only way I'm guessing it can't be done is if its all encoded into the Sky EPG which cannot be decrypted by any box other than a sky authorised box.
So maybe they send an epg record code to your box for a certain program?

Just really looking for any information on if this is a possible or a 100% no go. ?

I've looked around but there seems to only be high level summary stuff on Sky Anytime and no low level detail which is what I'm after.

Thanks in advance.

andel

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM800, DM600, Technomate Diseqc Motor, 90cm Dish
Panasonic 42" Plasma 1080p
Pioneer VSX-LX70 Amp
Sky HD
B & W 5.1 Speaker Setup
Popcornhour Media center
Xbox 360
My Location
Watching T.V in the UK
Very interesting topic as I have often wondered if anytime is available on the dreambox too . Unfortunately I can't add anything to your theory but I was under the impression that if the card holder ordered a pay per view movie then it was able to be viewed on the DB and anyone who is sharing that card. I've never heard of a different encryption, I may be completely wrong but I'm sure I'll be corrected if I am?:-hny

hashman99

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SKY HD
DM 800
all hooked to a WaveFrontier T90!
9E, 13E, 19E & 28E... hoping to go down to 0.9W ;)
My Location
uk
i'm sure its just the same as box office, which, contrary to what you state is not a question of encryption, but pid's
therefore, all you would have to do is correct the pid settings in your dreambox and you would pickup anytime.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
According to KoS

SD anytime is on 11604 V
HD anytime is on 12012V

zoro25

Attack of the Clones
Reaction score
Website
www.thetestmanager.com
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 800 - Nabilosat Image and 250gig Hard-drive (pointing at 28.2E)
Dreambox 7020 with 120 gig hard-drive disk - running a motorised dish
DM600 +DM500
although only usually the 800 and 7020 are both on.
My Location
UK
Thanks for all the replies.

I'll do a test over the next coming days using a spare box I have, although I think you may need an 8000 to make this work?.

because of the checking for a free tuner thing?.
Anytime seems to need about 2-3 days to get going on a real box. If I put my white card into my sky box I won't get anytime recordings for the first 48-72 hours.

I'll put one of my spare boxes the 7020 to always sit on Standard Def anytime transponder on 11604 V and check if I can pick anything up.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
zoro25 said:
Thanks for all the replies.

I'll do a test over the next coming days using a spare box I have, although I think you may need an 8000 to make this work?.

because of the checking for a free tuner thing?.
Anytime seems to need about 2-3 days to get going on a real box. If I put my white card into my sky box I won't get anytime recordings for the first 48-72 hours.

I'll put one of my spare boxes the 7020 to always sit on Standard Def anytime transponder on 11604 V and check if I can pick anything up.

The streams will be flagged as data so you may need to do some checking in Dreamboxedit to see whats available on that tp.

shumifan50

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2xDM7025(DVB-S tuner), DM600SPVR, DM800S, DM500S HD, Triax 90cm with MultiBracket 4 sats.
My Location
Europe
The way the Sly box implements Anytime is by recording the anytime stream, which is a selection, made by Sly, of some programs that are available on on other channels anyway. The stream is recorded on the Sly box on the hard disk in the 140GB of disk spave you cannot 'see'. You then play back the recordings from your own hard disk, which is why it takes about a week to get all the Anytime programs, as then a week's worth will have been recorded on your hard disk. Programs older than a week is automatically deleted. So, even if you see the stream from the satellite, it will not give you 'anytime' capability without the recording being done automatically and havng a plugin to view the recorded 'anytime' programs.
I might have misunderstood the question, if so, please ignore this post.

B16MCC

Dreambox Gimp & Coder
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2 Dreamboxes..........
---------------------------------------------
--- DM 8000 HD PVR & DM 800 HD ---
Motek SG2100 & Triax 80cm Dual LNB
------ Fixed Dish 28e Quad LNB -------
---- Sly HD Full & 24" Apple iMAC ----
My Location
/var/tuxbox/config
I must agree with you there shumifan50 on his theory, I think you got it spot on there. Since I've been building sly UK bouquets I've got down to adding the sly sports active channels and box office etc. Anytime was next on my list to investigate, but to be honest until reading this thread and having never used my sly HD box I didn't know exactly what 'Anytime' was !

Now I've read the explanantion you've provided it makes total sense and knowing a little about how sly do things you're highly likely to be spot on. I'll add the SD and HD tp's to my bouquet list and tag em as TV and see what I can see. Even though the list of broadcasts is controlled by sly it would be nice to have the channels available as after all , all they do is show the popular stuff for us to record whenever we want it. I wonder if the EPG populates from nabilo or satmate ???

B16MCC

Dreambox Gimp & Coder
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2 Dreamboxes..........
My Location
/var/tuxbox/config
Ok guys I've done a little work on this tonight and got some initial results. I'm only working in HD here but surely the same applies for SD.

It seems Anyime HD is split over 2 transponders, possibly transmitting at different times of the day. I'll try and figure that out.
Anyway, at 7pm GMT Anytime HD1 is not transmitting , this is on

12012V 3/4 29500000
VPID=512
AC3 = 660

Now as for Anytime HD2 , this was transmitting and showing the fish tank test card but soon came alive showing a current Sky1HD program. Transponder details are shown below.

attachment.php

When the fish tank was on the now and next programs where only a few minutes apart. When the football star program started the length was shown as 46 minutes, starting at 19:06 and finishing at 19:52. Yep you guessed it, no adverts !:)

As for channel EPG, there is nothing more than now and next.

So, some success so far. One thing you'll notice from the screen grab is the channel name has been overridden to 'DVB Service' . Not sure yet if this can be fixed.

Oh one last thing, if you're using SMARTCARD SID ASSIGN then the SID is 0F39. (Don't forget to restart CCcam when assigning SIDs)

Attachments

• Anytime HD2 Grab.jpg
    Anytime HD2 Grab.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 193
  • Anytime HD2 - DBEdit.png
    Anytime HD2 - DBEdit.png
    39.7 KB · Views: 357

B16MCC

Dreambox Gimp & Coder
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2 Dreamboxes..........
My Location
/var/tuxbox/config
A little extra info but not much. I tried setting the 'Service Type' to several different options. When set to 1 is will display the given channel name but does not show the channel. When set to 4, 25 or 134 it works , but it overrides the channel name to 'DVB Service' as I mentioned initially.

hashman99

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SKY HD
DM 800
all hooked to a WaveFrontier T90!
9E, 13E, 19E & 28E... hoping to go down to 0.9W ;)
My Location
uk
excellent work
now why someone would want to watch on anytime with wildguessing the programs is a mystery in itself
but the fact taht we can manage to get channels sky doesn't want us to see is great :)

i think with this 100% of sky is covered: anytime, active, boxoffice ...

mrchisholm

Reaction score
sorry for bringing up an old topic but i just found out about anytime so i thought id give it a shot, is the info on lyngsat correct for the 3 anytime channels? and when aprox do they usually start broadcasting anything?

Did you successfully capture programs B16MCC? :)

I also pressed the (K) Keep flag in DBE and it doesn't seem to change my channel and i have a nice SKY Anytime HD1 in my channel list.

mrchisholm

Reaction score
it seems that HD3 is showing something atm tho i can't see anything using VPID 514 APID 662 and SID 3897 (dec) .. mgcamd doesn't even try to decode. capped a few seconds and opened the file in tsreader and there was a pid on ~20mbit and one on ~400kbit .. encoded ofcourse. so now how to go on about getting mgcamd to actually decode, i guess i'm missing some setting somewhere :(

fergyc

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
VU+ Duo with ViX and OSCAM, Prof Revolution 7301 PCI Card, 2x Dreambox 500S, 80cm Technomate Dish with Inverto Black Ultra and TM-2600 DiSEqC Motor. Technomate TM-300D along with a few zone 1 minidishes that get moved regularly and a zone 2 for 19e a
My Location
Northumberland
zoro25 said:
The only way I'm guessing it can't be done is if its all encoded into the Sky EPG which cannot be decrypted by any box other than a sky authorised box.

Nope, I can decrypt it with my PCI Card