Sky Box F3

Laser

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dr HD F15, OS mio + 4K, Octagon SF8008, Octagon SX88+. TM 5402HD M3. .Channel Master 1.20 Ku and C Band. 1.1 Triax Dish
My Location
Berkshire
Hope some one may be able to help me. I notice quite a few people on the forum have one of these receivers. Are they OK for reception of Multi satellites or for just 28.2 east?
If they are suitable for multi satellite do they come programmed as such? I see there is a Sky Box F5. Is this just an updated version??
I would like multi satellite if possible... Perhaps a recommendation of a similar box if these are not capable.

Thank you in advance.

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
We have a dedicated Forum for the Skybox variants (I'll move this in due course).

But yes, the Skybox models are all flexible multi-Sat boxes.

They tend to come programmed with a variety of Satellites that will inevitably need deleting and recreating manually.

The F3S and F5S have a better Tuner than the F3 and F5, but the latter is perfectly fine regardless.

The F5S has an issue with Polarity Switching in certain circumstance, but a cheap fix consisting of a short cable and a Zener Diode can be easily obtained.

You can get Channel Lists of various types from the Interweb thingy and the later models even have the ability to import a decent EPG.

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
They are excellent boxes for the price (I have two F3s) and I do commend you to browse through some of the other Skybox Topics (I've moved your Thread as promised).