Sky box in naples, advice please lost channels

tojo-mojo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
humax 5400 +tivusat +sky
My Location
Caserta, Naples, Italy
Morning Forum,

i have returned to my holiday home in sunny caserta south of naples, and discovered that the hard winter winds had put my dish slightly out of line hence the box has probably missed updates.
I have a £20.00 card which i purchased officially from sky. I have now aligned the dish back to where it should be. I have lost virtually all my channels stored in my other channels when i click on them it displays the message "the wrong card is inserted in the box."
However i can now view e4 which i couldnt before. The only channels in my other channels list i can view are 5 usa 5 but not channel four and itv.
any advice as to what i should do do get itv and channel four back up and running please.

tony

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Card should fully waken within 72 hours.

Just leave the system On or in Standby.

ralphmagno

Reaction score
My Location
naples italy
put the old card back in.
new card will never work if it is not maited up by sky in the uk.
you should be able to pick up bbc and itv its free.
you have a 1.20 dish and its good to free view
swaping cards will not activate it.
now if you want movies and sports the card must be activated and must mate up with the box.
sky uk cards are not interchangable like sky italia cards are.
ralph

ralphmagno

Reaction score
My Location
naples italy
ps,
you should get bbc 1 bbc 2 itv 1 2 3 ch 4,E4 more 4 ch 5 5 usa fiver 5 star.
this is all free view and you don't need a sky uk box or card.
just a free to air box.
but a sky box will work as well.
ralph

PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
-----------See sig-----------
My Location
Wirral, NW UK and Vaucluse, France.
It's not just the card that has missed its updates, the EPG list of the box itself will be out of date and won't reflect any changes. However, it's the Other Channels that are your problem - all $ly boxes hold this information in a temporary manner and during firmware upgrades will often "forget" about these channels and they will have to be inputted again.

Having said that I would leave it a few days to see if the updates sort out all your problems. After the changeover from 2D to 1N, whilst you were not in in your holiday home, signal strengths have changed markedly over Italy and you may find that you can receive some or all of the missing channels in their mormal EPG position. In fact you may find that you don't need any of the "Other Channels" at all.