Sky box office

T

tat

I was recently given a box that allowed free viewing of box office, i have now run out of credit and it no longer works. I had a new card sent from sky but I still get the same message are there any resets I can perform on my digibox. I can still get the adult on request stuff free through this method but that is all rubbish.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
[updated:LAST EDITED ON 30-Oct-01 AT 09:18 PM (GMT)]As far as I know there is only one way to clear the card and that is to reconnect to the phoneline. It would appear that both the box and the card carry some sort of record of transactions. There are several earlier threads about the plug in box and how it does nothing more than putting a phoney prefix in front of the dialup number would achieve.

Rolf

zansi

Moderator & General Globetrotter
Reaction score
Website
digiboxes.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
Openbox F3 85cm dish H to H motor, Dell Vostro Laptop
My Location
North West UK
The only way is to connect to the phone line and wait for the Sky statement saying you owe £40/50 for PPV!!!!!!!!

If you had read the post's previous to this you would have been warned of this possibility.

zansi

C

collies111

Apparently there is a way!!!
Switch your box of for 36 hours and it will reset. It does not necessarily work of all systems
Enjoy watching folks!

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Hmmm, I find it hard to believe that Sky would make it as easy as that to clear the PPV records, it is particularly implausible as the information is also stored on the card and that does not reset unless a signal is sent to it to do so. I'd be open to persuasion of course, but do feel that it's highly unlikely that it would work.

rolf

p

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
90cm gregorian
5way zone2
My Location
Rainham, essex
36hrs wont work, I done this trick about 8/9months ago, testing again earlier still the credit limit is reached. The box was last pluged in about 4 months ago. It must have a wrightable memory for ppv billing.

If that is the case and someone knows this and it is a chip, I always wondered if there was any possabilty of buy a new chip and replacing it.

Its all to technical for me!

Phil.

dishdoctor

Hmm, now what seems to be the problem?
Reaction score
My Location
Torreblanca ,Malaga
When you say the box no longer works,are we talking about the digibox or the "phone box",Do you still get the fta channels,if you have a "bbc" card do you still get these channels,does the digibox still operate as normal,but just refuses box office channels,The reason i ask is i have two panasonic boxes that do not recognise that a card is inserted,could they be credit locked,does any of this make sense,i will now go and lie down....Best of luck....Brian

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
As far as I know Brian, the box will not do PPV if the limit is reached, the other channels should be receivable.
They may have however changed the ground rules.

Rolf

dishdoctor

Hmm, now what seems to be the problem?
Reaction score
My Location
Torreblanca ,Malaga
Thanks Rolf.....Do i get a prize for five in a row,in the forum that is...Best of luck...Brian

C

collies111

[updated:LAST EDITED ON 20-Nov-01 AT 08:29 PM (GMT)]I must first apologise for sending some of you "up the garden path"
I was assured that switching the digi box of for 24hr - 36 hrs really did the trick. After your reply rolf, I decided to ask my mate if he had ever replaced his card after using all his credits and well you guessed it he had.
Therefore a new card and a (time lapsed) reset is the only solution!!!
Perhaps someone somewhere knows how to reset the card because Sky will not be pleased with me continually making excuses for losing my card !!! (TE! HE!)