Status
Not open for further replies.

sitja

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
sky digital, dreambox 500s using cccam 2.0.9 with gemini 4.2 image
My Location
ireland
hi guys i dont know if its ok to talk about this here.. and if anyone knows advice on where to go im all ears... well basically a sky hack seems near impossible or in fact know body talks about it and some people are aware of means and ways.. but basically a guy i used work for had his fixed and had all channels.. i would love to know but dont see him know more. it was sky and not anything else when we briefly talked about it again he was knda quiet like everyone else when it comes to the matter...... but did say sometimes the card would not work but the guy he got it off would sort it out again.. it was quite expensive he payed about 700. but i have seen this.. but clearly not alot of people have or they are keeping it to themselves which amazes me. has others here come across anything of the sort??

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
There has never been any evidence whatsoever that Sky has been hacked to any great extent..

Most examples of "Ive seen Sky hacked" turn out to be via cable delivery not satellite.

Any discussion of the cable route is STRICTLY forbidden here.

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
sitja said:
it was quite expensive he payed about 700.

Was the guy you used to work for mentally deranged by any chance? the full subscription package is only £598 per year and you say he had to keep going back to have it fixed, that sounds almost like DIY. :cool: Could they not have provided him with a complete home service;)

sitja

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
sky digital, dreambox 500s using cccam 2.0.9 with gemini 4.2 image
My Location
ireland
cable route?? would this be still through sky box... well calling him mad is still not quite right as he has still gained he would of had this for 3 years for the one payment of 700. so he has still saved.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
You will find none of the regulars here will believe sky is hacked until we hear it from a trusted source (eg one of the old hands)
When we save "prove it" the claims always evaporate like the dew on a sunny morning.

There have been rumours of NDS Videoguard being broken for years but if it has the folks behind it are keeping it VERY quiet.

There are also rumours that one bloke did compromise an early version - depending on which version you listen to hes either dead or still in prison, and the family businesses no longer exist.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
sitja said:
cable route?? would this be still through sky box... .

No. Cable box.

Anyway enough discussion of cable routes or Im going to have to ban myself! :-rofl2

Cupart

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
This is without question a cable related query if it concerns "stealing" digital TV signals in Ireland. Loads of people don't know the difference between cable and sat so therefore this confusion. This is coming to an end now in April anyway.

Guess you can go ahead and close this thread...

Cheers,

F

Status
Not open for further replies.