Sky Cards

madsater

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
astra 1,2d,hotbird,nilesat
My Location
Canary Islands
Im curios to know how do satellite dealers in spain manage to get sky cards? Well what i mean is, iv gone to one of these shops and they have told me that they have the cards allready? and they just need to activate them---- I know that u can order a sky card from a uk address and ship em out but have seen bunches of these on their counter,,,how is this so

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Northants, Midlands UK & Lanzarote, Canary Islands
They might have been Freesat cards :)

madsater

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Canary Islands
satelliteman said:
They might have been Freesat cards :)

Well iv thought of that, but the dealer said he´s got em there and can organise it today? well straight away??? match the card to the box and away u go.

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
madsater said:
Well iv thought of that, but the dealer said he´s got em there and can organise it today? well straight away??? match the card to the box and away u go.

They still could be Freesat from Sky cards. As these can be upgraded to full subscription cards with the necessary phone call.

madsater

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Canary Islands
Robbo71 said:
They still could be Freesat from Sky cards. As these can be upgraded to full subscription cards with the necessary phone call.

Would you have any more info on the subject?

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
madsater said:
Would you have any more info on the subject?

As far as I'm aware, if you have a UK adress and buy a freesat card from Sky, you just ring Sky up and say you want to subscribe.

Unfortunately, if you are not in the UK you can't do this.

But I imagine these dealers, IF they are able to get people the Sky package have access to one.

Cupart

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
But if these are FTV cards and you got them from a Spanish (or wherever) dealer and you want to start a subscription, the cards are still registred at an UK address with who ever ordered them in the first place!?!?

I'm just wondering who some of these sat companies can distribute full (UK and Irish) sky subscriptions (albight for a hefty fee) to non UK/Eire residents? I could imagine that some of these have thousands of customers subscribing through them...

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
I would imagine that they have a pool of UK addresses of some sort that they use. The details of which are probably kept very close to their chests.:)

snutteb

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dreambox 7000 nabilo image Relook 400 Relook 200 highland image
gbox2.1b local cards
My Location
sweden
very busy postman at that addres