sky channel split

colinp

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2m motorised qualitv decoder manhatten blind search decoder echostar 3600ip
My Location
glasgow
Can anyone tell me how Scottish tv can split their signal during the evening bulletin and can the other region be received ?Cheers:confused

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
All of the ITV and BBC regional channels are available, as they are free to air, you may need to add the ITV ones via System Setup/Add Channels, you can find the frequencies at _http://www.lyngsat.com/28east.html

colinp

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
glasgow
I know that mate but what I want to know is that when watching local news it splits during the show into east and west of Scotland.I can only presume that it is done along the lines of the postcode on the viewing card.

PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
-----------See sig-----------
My Location
Wirral, NW UK and Vaucluse, France.
There appears to be only one BBC1 Scotland but there are 3 STVs, North, West and East. There's also a Border Scotland to confuse things further.

As you surmise it's all down to the postcode registered to the card. This is applicable only to $ly digital boxes. On Freesat boxes you can input the postcode drtectly into the menu although this system isn't fully up to speed yet and some postcodes default to London.

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
colinp said:
I know that mate but what I want to know is that when watching local news it splits during the show into east and west of Scotland.I can only presume that it is done along the lines of the postcode on the viewing card.

Sorry, forgot to answer the first part of your question, but Robbo has now answered it. :)

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
rolfw said:
Sorry, forgot to answer the first part of your question, but Robbo has now answered it. :)

PaulR even.:-rofl2

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Oops sorry, must concentrate on one thing at a time. :-rofl2 Sorry Paul. ;)

PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
-----------See sig-----------
My Location
Wirral, NW UK and Vaucluse, France.

colinp

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
glasgow
Cheers probably answerred my own question didn't I?Yes:)