Sky+ Copying issues

sgwiffen

Reaction score
After days of trying to sort this out, I now seek guidance. When I try to record (copy) form my sky+ to my panasonic DVD-R it seems to be recording OK, the programme plays etc, but when you play the DVD I just get the blue sky screen. So I tried just pressing play on the sky+ and record on the DVD-R. While this was playing (and recording) the sound was out of synch, not by much say asecond or so,m but out of synch non the less. WHen recording had finished, I finalised the disc and played it back, if played on the DVD-R I get picture, but no sound, if played on a DVD, I get sound but no picture, anyone out there have any ideas!!!!

PoloMint

Super Minty Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1200cc with 100,000,000,000 neurons and 100,000,000,000,000 connections
My Location
Fife, Scotland
Just to narrow this down a bit, can you record from other sources, for example from a VCR, without this strange problem?

Leee

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky+ v2 (120Gb); DM7020Si*motorised; PC/S2-3200
My Location
47°N/8°E/490m
how are you connecting the two? I've an E50 connected to v2 Sky+ and it works like a charm.

I am connecting s-video and phono (A4 input, I believe), not via scart.

Also if I watch sky through the DVD-R player, I get lipsync issues - but not on recordings.

And i don't use the copy function - it's a bit crap without a hard disk recorder. I like my programmes to be chapters.

sgwiffen

Reaction score
I can record straight to the DVD-R via the cam link on the front, I have never used a VCR with it and do not get any issues, hence the reason I thought the issue may be down to the Sky box rather than the DVD-R.

Connections are

SKY+ scart to TV
SKY+ Scart 2 to DVD-R
TV to DVD
TV to DVD-R

PoloMint

Super Minty Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1200cc with 100,000,000,000 neurons and 100,000,000,000,000 connections
My Location
Fife, Scotland
If you have a VCR handy sgwiffen I would try recording from the VCR to the DVD recorder using the same scart input that you are trying to record Sky+ from. That way if you get sync problems you know it is the DVD recorder when using that input, and if you don’t get the problem think again about how the Sky+ box could be causing it.

I have never really used one of these recorders, but that is what I would do if I had that problem :)