Sky Digital -EXPERTS opinion is needed

David William

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
sKY
My Location
London
I have sky digital receiver for viewing free to air channels and some scrambled sky channels on Astra Statelite but the problem is that

a) The MENU for sky digital receiver has already locked when I purchased (I think manufacturary locked by SKY) due to which I am unable to add or delete any new frequencies or sats and scan new channels. Please give me secret code of Sky Digital receiver for that purpose or any way so that I may open MENU and add new frequencies and scan the new channels on ASTRA and other sattelites on that receiver.

:cool: Other problem is that in Sky receiver receveir there is no option to add your favourites channels in one Favourite Head, Fvaourite 1, Favourite as mostly other recerivers had . Example is as under

channels starts from 101 ~ 999, I want to see only 106, 206 numbers channels only

how to see combination of these two channels in one favourite head. plz guide me in SKY Digital receiver.

c) Give me the alternative receiver in place of SKY Digital which is best for scanning purposes, add or delete frequencies, combine channels on one FAVOURITE head. and what's it price. If someone interested to sell such recevier which fulfill my above conditions, plz send me PM

d) Is this possible to add one more LNB on Sky Dish to view other sattelites? Which sattelities you see on SKY Dish by adding two or more LNBS , please guide me.

Thanks to all UK members

tapfit2004

lula member
Reaction score
Website
livesportsontv.eu
My Satellite Setup
humax 5400
fortecstar
sl65
quali tv ir
4 digiboxes
dragon cam
funcard7
sm3d12 motor
wavefrontier t90
90cm dish
1m dish
My Location
dublin, ireland
sky receiver only allows 50 extra channels to be stored in the services menu. the epg is controlled by sky so you get the channels in whatever order sky want. the sky box only allows 2 symbol rates (22000 & 27500) and is good at what it does but it doesnt do very much. get a technomate or dreambox for a patchable receiver, or a lidl box for a very cheap fta receiver.

David William

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
sKY
My Location
London
Thanks Tapfit2004

a) What is price of lidl box in West Midlands and from where I get it in West Midlands

:cool: Any other cheap receiver FTA receiver with one CI which run sky package?

c) What is price of Technomat in UK

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 7000s - Nokia Freeview - Several GameBoys - DS Lite - ZX81 - SNES - N64 - Saturn - Dreamcast - PlayStation - PS2 - Gamecube - PSP - iPod - iPhone - XBox - PS3 - Wii - iPad - No Life!
My Location
Scotland
David William said:
a) What is price of lidl box in West Midlands and from where I get it in West Midlands

Lidl only sell satellite equipment as 'Specials' now and then - the last offer was a few weeks ago - they usually sell out the same day. the last FTA receiver was about £40,

(:cool: Any other cheap receiver FTA receiver with one CI which run sky package?

DreamBox and other that require a CAM - check out eBay

c) What is price of Technomat in UK

They seem to be great value for money - again eBay and satellite dealers