Sky Digital In Rome

rob_drani

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
HI Guys,
Can someone update me about how do I receive BBc in roma area ?? does it require a subscription and a viewing card?? what dish size do I need??

Thanks

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
nO subs needed its free to air on Astra 2D This bird has a restricted footprint onto NW Europe, so you are looking at a BIG dish - probably 2.5m or more. The astra 2d website reports no problem with reception with a 3.8m dish!!!!

h**p://www.astra2d.co.uk/italy.htm

rob_drani

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Hi there, thanks for your reply.
Another couple of question.
FIRST: I understand I need a huge dish to receive the Astra 2D signal which also include ITV, but if I only want to pick BBC1 and2 and associated channels which dish size is required for the Rome area???
SECOND: I am told that, in order to get BBC1 and 2 I can use any receiver without any card?? I have a NOKIA 1200 MEDIAMASTER. Will this be good to pick up BBC1 and 2 in Rome ?? Also apart fromBBC1 and 2 what other stations will I get??
THIRD; TO PICK UP bbc1 AND 2 IN ROme, what degree orientation I got to put my dish??
Thanks I would appreceiate to know about the above things..
Analoguesat said:
nO subs needed its free to air on Astra 2D This bird has a restricted footprint onto NW Europe, so you are looking at a BIG dish - probably 2.5m or more. The astra 2d website reports no problem with reception with a 3.8m dish!!!!

h**p://www.astra2d.co.uk/italy.htm

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
rob_drani said:
Hi there, thanks for your reply.
Another couple of question.
FIRST: I understand I need a huge dish to receive the Astra 2D signal which also include ITV, but if I only want to pick BBC1 and2 and associated channels which dish size is required for the Rome area???
SECOND: I am told that, in order to get BBC1 and 2 I can use any receiver without any card?? I have a NOKIA 1200 MEDIAMASTER. Will this be good to pick up BBC1 and 2 in Rome ?? Also apart fromBBC1 and 2 what other stations will I get??
THIRD; TO PICK UP bbc1 AND 2 IN ROme, what degree orientation I got to put my dish??
Thanks I would appreceiate to know about the above things..

Foar ANY channel on 2D you will need a 2.5m+ dish. This includes all the BBC and ITV channels.

Yes the Nokia will work with the BBC channel in fact it will work with any of the channels here:

h**p://www.digitalsat.co.uk/astra2_28e.html

asl long a sthe dish is big enough.

There are actually 4 satellites co-located at 28E, each with different transmission characteristics. The dish size required may vary from satellite to satellite.