Sky Dish setup help with Old dish

rpatel2

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
I have a big old type satellite dish, i have got a new a sky minidish lnb. And a normal sky digibox
My Location
England
Hi

I have attached images on my current dish attached to my house. This dish was already fitted when i had moved into my house. However when i tried attaching a sky box it said there was no signal. However with my old ferguson anologue satellite box i was getting channels which i think are german.

I want to fit in my sky box just for the free channels. However i believe the lnb is outdated on my dish. I was wondering if i can replace the lnb on the current dish.

I do have a new sky minidish lying around however i have no experience in installing it and i don't have the screws to mount it into the wall.

So if possible i would like to use the dish thats already fitted and just replace the lnb if possible

can this be done ? and if so what type of lnb will i need ?

any help is appreichated

thanks

:)

Attachments

• DSC01342.jpg
    DSC01342.jpg
    182.7 KB · Views: 26
  • DSC01341.jpg
    DSC01341.jpg
    206.3 KB · Views: 25
  • DSC01340.jpg
    DSC01340.jpg
    315.3 KB · Views: 18

rpatel2

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
I have a big old type satellite dish, i have got a new a sky minidish lnb. And a normal sky digibox
My Location
England
also the old dish is pretty much facing the same direction as all the sky minidishes on my road.

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
That Dish is still aligned to Astra 1 at 19.2E.

It can be easily realigned to 28E and you can fit a standard 40mm Collar Mount Universal LNB (Cheap as chips).

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
rpatel2 said:
also the old dish is pretty much facing the same direction as all the sky minidishes on my road.

Pretty much isn't good enough!

It needs to be moved about 9 degrees further towards the East and the elevation needs to be reduced a degree or two :)

rpatel2

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
England
can anyone please provide me with maybe someone ebay links to lnbs which i can buy. Or if they tell what to type into the ebay search box. i typed in "40mm Collar Mount Universal LNB" but i can't find anything. If i type just universal lnb i get quite alot of results but nothing thats concerns the 40mm bit.

rpatel2

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
England
can anyone please direct me to a suitable lnb. In ebay i don't get anything if i search "40mm Collar Mount Universal LNB" however i get alot of results if i search just "universal lnb" but nothing concerning the 40mm bit.

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
There is a huge choice of LNBs available that would be suitable.

Ebay search this- inverto universal single

the black ones.

Or you could contact one of the site sponsors, any of them that satellite stuff will be able to sort you out with a suitable LNB no problem.

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
rpatel2 said:
can anyone please direct me to a suitable lnb. In ebay i don't get anything if i search "40mm Collar Mount Universal LNB" however i get alot of results if i search just "universal lnb" but nothing concerning the 40mm bit.

Sorry - I should have pointed out that the vast, vast majority of Universal LNBs are 40mm Collar Mount!

The key non-conformist in the UK is Sky, who use a peg/pin fitting on newer Dishes (ie those used for 28E right from the start, as opposed to older "Analogue" dishes like yours).