Sky+ Hard Drive Problem

Sarah-Jane

Reaction score
OK, here goes. I wonder if anyone can help. I am currently living in Luxembourg, so do not want to contact Sky directly for this problem.

When going into my Sky+ Planner, it tells me I only have 23% free disk space. This, in principal, would be fine, if it were true. I only have three one-hour shows on there, so how can this be?

Along the top, the space indicator is showing the 3 programmes in there, then there is a massive registered space, which it seems I cannot access. It almost looks as if there is only half the hard drive working. It should be reading around the 80% free, but because of this massive registered space, I cannot seem to do anything.

Hope I am not being too dim. I have had the Sky+ receiver since June, so I am not new to all this, but it has been playing up recently, and I have had to do all the turning it off, and unplugging nonsense to reset it, but now it seems like I have broken it somehow.

I may not have explained myself properly, but I hope you get what I mean, and can help.

Thanks

Sarah-Jane

Sarah-Jane

Reaction score
Hi there mate

Thanks for your quick response, and for the link. I am just reading through it now. I am relieved to hear that my system is not completely knackered, or has a unique problem.

Do you have any idea how you do a system reset, that people are talking about. As I am abroad, and getting Sky 'illegally', I do not want to start messing around or pressing buttons that might make it worse, as I don't have a friendly engineer that I can call. Will the system reset work in the short term, and is there any harm to the box or signal, if I do it?

Thanks

Sarah-Jane

Leee

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky+ v2 (120Gb); DM7020Si*motorised; PC/S2-3200
My Location
47°N/8°E/490m
do this:

Services - 4 - 0 - 1 then press Select
Choose Planner Rebuild.

This should reclaim your "lost" space.....I'd watch anything pending first though.