SKY HD Channels? & Lost Ch 5

daisyanne

Member
My Satellite Setup
cytanet 1 meg b'band. sky + yet to be plugged in
My Location
Cyprus, Paralimni (east side)
Hi, I live in east Cyprus, Paralimni and have 2 questions please

1) i have today lost Channel 5, 5* and 5*+1 - Has the frequency changed?

2) Therefore was thinking of getting an HD box and was wondering if I could receive any HD channels in Cyprus (I in Paralimni area).

Thanks for any info

Daisyannah
 
daisyanne said:
1) i have today lost Channel 5, 5* and 5*+1 - Has the frequency changed?

Now on 10964H SR22000 FEC 5/6 on the new Astra 1N.
 
Yes the frequency has changed, and the footprint so there is no chance you will be able to receive them in Cyprus anymore. You probably can get C5 HD still because that is on Astra 2 south beam. You could also receive ITV1 HD if you have a big enough dish.
 
Even if you go HD you will lose C5 next summer as its likely to move to the new 1N satellite as well when it goes fta for the uk.
 
I've bought my mum a cheap DRX595 Sky HD box second hand off eBay so she can get Channel 5 HD for a little while longer in Finland. It's actually a pretty good sensitive box good for fringe areas but this one does not record (no Sky+ features). If it lasts until next summer I think we'll have got our money's worth and it'll pick up other HD channels.
 
daisyanne said:
Hi, I live in east Cyprus, Paralimni and have 2 questions please

1) i have today lost Channel 5, 5* and 5*+1 - Has the frequency changed?

2) Therefore was thinking of getting an HD box and was wondering if I could receive any HD channels in Cyprus (I in Paralimni area).

Thanks for any info

Daisyannah
What size is your dish and can you receive BBC1 London ? There is a FTA CH5 still available on the same frequency that BBC1 uses and we can still get CH5 HD on a HD box (without paying extra for the HD channels).
 
Back
Top