Sky HD EPG?

Cupart

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
I read some time back (May of last year I believe) that Sky was going to introduce a new EPG on the HD boxes.

Currently I don't have Sky HD so I can't check myself but would like to know if there had been any development on the subject?

Cheers,

F

colinp

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2m motorised qualitv decoder manhatten blind search decoder echostar 3600ip
My Location
glasgow
The new software will be downloaded to some Thomson boxes at 4AM tomorrow and will be rolled out over the next few months.

holmroad

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM6900HD Combo Super Motorized System
HP Laptop+AMD Desktop
My Location
North Lincs
Well I have a Thomson HD box containing EPG software version 5.10.kHD - and STILL no new EPG - presumably maybe containing ITV HD? (as at 12/3/09):-rofl2:-rofl2:confused

Cupart

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
colinp said:
The new software will be downloaded to some Thomson boxes at 4AM tomorrow and will be rolled out over the next few months.

Where do you have this info from?

Anyway, how is it possible to only target certain HD boxes? I can understand how to target specific manufacturers boxes and/or certain models, but a specific number of boxes of one make sounds a bit strange unless these are specific engineering testing boxes... :confused

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Cupart said:
Where do you have this info from?

Anyway, how is it possible to only target certain HD boxes? I can understand how to target specific manufacturers boxes and/or certain models, but a specific number of boxes of one make sounds a bit strange unless these are specific engineering testing boxes... :confused

Lots of info over on the Digital Spy forum. The new s/w was rolled out to 38,000 Grundig / Thompson boxes on schedule, and theres lots of reports about the new look of the epg and the ability to tune in ITV HD. :)

This is a BIG rollout so it will be done in batches a few thousands at a time

colinp

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2m motorised qualitv decoder manhatten blind search decoder echostar 3600ip
My Location
glasgow
Only boxes with software version 4E300E were afforded the download.Sky can do a multitude of things over the air to the stb,individually or in batches or as a whole.If your box is connected to a telephone line they can also "spy"on what you watch and when you watch it!

holmroad

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM6900HD Combo Super Motorized System
HP Laptop+AMD Desktop
My Location
North Lincs
colinp said:
Only boxes with software version 4E300E were afforded the download.Sky can do a multitude of things over the air to the stb,individually or in batches or as a whole.If your box is connected to a telephone line they can also "spy"on what you watch and when you watch it!

So by the grace of God - Sky in this case - we now all await their condescension for who gets it and when - what a bunch of supercillious TWITS!
(20 years with Sky - but NO loyalty points!):mad:

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
They very seldom do major upgrades all at once, as they could not handle the phone calls were the upgrade to cause problems.

Bear in mind that the average customer will not normally be aware that there is an upgrade in the pipeline, so as far as Sky is concerned and the customer base generally, a gentle roll out is not going to be a problem, it is only us hobbyists who are impatient to receive it.