Sky Italia change encryption algorithm

A nonymous

Reaction score
Looks like Sky Italia are fighting back against card sharing :mad:

There are reports floating around on some forums that deal with CS stating that Sky Italia are randomly testing a new encryption algorithm which from what i can tell from what i have read on other forums most EMUs cannot understand :confused

This is the same on both 093b and 0919 cards :(

The new ECM algorithm is reported to be over 4 bytes long which is larger than the current ecm algo. Newcs, CCCam, SCam and gBox can't at the moment understand this new algo :eek:

Apparently over half the channels are now off unless you have a Sky Italia propriety receiver.

Personally i think this is just a temporary problem which will hopefully be resolved in upcoming emu releases :D

It wasn't that long ago when Sky Italia's 093b card couldn't be read outside of newcs so i think its more than likely just going to be more of an annoyance rather than a permanent issue :-righton

(At least I hope so O-no)

:-beer

Nano

salv90

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7020
My Location
UK
I have been reading this too. Apparently scam reads it though.

stevied

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.1 m triax dish,dreambox 7020 +160gb hdd/eagle box , sky hd and multiroom sky +
My Location
Pudsey-west yorks
lots of people panicking in the cs world.
[including me and my peers :-Nooo]

no doubt a new emu will come along and save the day;) [hope!]

zoro25

Attack of the Clones
Reaction score
Website
www.thetestmanager.com
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 800 - Nabilosat Image and 250gig Hard-drive (pointing at 28.2E)
Dreambox 7020 with 120 gig hard-drive disk - running a motorised dish
DM600 +DM500
although only usually the 800 and 7020 are both on.
My Location
UK
Interesting, however I think that sharing has toned down the need for hacking encryption systems like what used to happen.

At least 90% of those who share have a paid sub. Where as on a hacked system usually 5 or 10% have a paid sub.

So the question that NDS , Nagra and other providers should be asking themselves is , would they prefer 90% or 5%.

They should let sleeping dogs lie on this one, as if they totally block sharing then the underground will working something else out and it may not involve most users have valid subs.

Also if Scam is working as I've also seen reported then it shouldn't be too hard to just lengthen the bytes to the new longer values on the other Cams. -

stevied

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.1 m triax dish,dreambox 7020 +160gb hdd/eagle box , sky hd and multiroom sky +
My Location
Pudsey-west yorks
zoro25 said:
Interesting, however I think that sharing has toned down the need for hacking encryption systems like what used to happen.

At least 90% of those who share have a paid sub. Where as on a hacked system usually 5 or 10% have a paid sub.

So the question that NDS , Nagra and other providers should be asking themselves is , would they prefer 90% or 5%.

They should let sleeping dogs lie on this one, as if they totally block sharing then the underground will working something else out and it may not involve most users have valid subs.

top post, agree 100%

salv90

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7020
My Location
UK
Dont agree.

Sharing is cool, but too many commercial servers out there. That is why sly are taking action. To pay for it is ridiculous.

The problem is any flipping newbie that comes along doesnt want to share, he just wants free or very cheap sly, so is willing to pay these gangsters for a share.

If the hobby goes back deep underground, they will haveno more problem. I mean for f4cks sake, google in c4ardsharing and the first link is a sponsered link to a f4cking payservers. Payservers should all just die and leave the hobby alone.

BombedOne

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Covering 30W-105.5E range, two motors, C and Ku band. Various receivers/cards/cams/etc.
My Location
Republic of Georgia
The problem is old as my socks - packages are very costy, and often offer too much channels that typical user does not need...

If there will be choice to form package according to personal wishes, that it'll be nice.

For example, for complete Sky Italia I need only ONE channel - MTV GOLD. Will I pay sub for complete package? of course not, I'd prefer to buy it on commercial sharing server. Same applies to SKY UK (Smash Hits), or SKY DE (Goldstar TV).

WildBit

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
-DM800 fixed on 28.2-quad
-DM7020 motorized
-Skystar HD2 motorized
-Cards&Cams&Cas
My Location
Ireland
What needs to stop are the commercial servers. This is what the providers are fighting back for not the actual "sharing" as such. They are not stupid and they know EXACTLY what hobbiers (or should be) do. What zoro25 stated perfectly portrays todays reality. In any caase, there will always be a workaround for these types of problems but rather than asking when we should be asking WHY

BombedOne

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Covering 30W-105.5E range, two motors, C and Ku band. Various receivers/cards/cams/etc.
My Location
Republic of Georgia
Hah no.

you "sharing" guys use cccam (which is not supported by CHEAP receivers, and people buying CHEAP receivers for sure WON'T pay for official sub) and dead internet connection. Commercial servers allow to use almost any (newcamd) receiver and generally use broadband internet connection.

So while there's demand, there's will be supply.

A nonymous

Reaction score
Excuse me :D

All of my Technomates are all cheap receivers (Under £120) and all work fine with CCcam, including reading cards :toke:

Thus making your last statement factually incorrect :D

But yes i do see what your getting at ;)

:-beer

Nano

leez

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
tm 9100 tm 1500 ci dm box 600 1 m dish polar mount 12 inc acuator v box 2 cas 3 dragon diablo gamma
My Location
england
do you think its the start of the end .. prob sly uk will follow ..i supose

A nonymous

Reaction score
Nothing to worry about in all honesty :D

SCam works ok with it so it won't be long before other emus are modified to read the longer length algorithm :cool:

I guessing its just a minor irritation :D

leez

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
tm 9100 tm 1500 ci dm box 600 1 m dish polar mount 12 inc acuator v box 2 cas 3 dragon diablo gamma
My Location
england
nanochickin said:
Nothing to worry about in all honesty :D

SCam works ok with it so it won't be long before other emus are modified to read the longer length algorithm :cool:

I guessing its just a minor irritation :D

lets hope m8 lol .:)

BombedOne

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Republic of Georgia
Haha, the problem is you don't know explanation of "cheap"

Opticum/globo 7010A costs around $25, this is what we call CHEAP.

shumifan50

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2xDM7025(DVB-S tuner), DM600SPVR, DM800S, DM500S HD, Triax 90cm with MultiBracket 4 sats.
My Location
Europe
Cheap is a relative concept. By supporting commercial exploitation of our hobby, it becomes really expensive, in options, as we will ALL lose the ability to play with cams and the rest - and this to enrich a few bad apples. Greed is a sad thing, as it invariably messes up everyting for everybody.

BombedOne

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Republic of Georgia
I think it's not correct to call it "hobby". You're gaining unauthorised access to encrypted system and this is CRIME.

salv90

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7020
My Location
UK
BombedOne said:
I think it's not correct to call it "hobby". You're gaining unauthorised access to encrypted system and this is CRIME.

End of the day, the problem is that the sly card doesnt currently work in any other receiver than the original.

Now, wanting to use your own stb is not a crime!

This is not an issue that "sharing" doesnt work it is the fact that sly have now restricted your choice of receivers to their own little cartel.

Before anyone mentions the t&c's of sly, remember, it might be their rules, but it aint LAW!

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
salv90 said:
End of the day, the problem is that the sly card doesnt currently work in any other receiver than the original.

Now, wanting to use your own stb is not a crime!

This is not an issue that "sharing" doesnt work it is the fact that sly have now restricted your choice of receivers to their own little cartel.

Before anyone mentions the t&c's of sly, remember, it might be their rules, but it aint LAW!

Well, it is "Law" - but Civil Law, not Criminal Law. The Law of Contract. When you acquire a Viewing Card you implicitly accept the Contract and the Terms & Conditions associated with it.

Always best to keep any inclination to breach the Contract low key - although of course common sense and practical experience suggest that higher profile activities such as Rebroadcast Systems and the organised Distribution of Cards outside the relevant Territory receive most attention and enforcement effort.

shumifan50

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2xDM7025(DVB-S tuner), DM600SPVR, DM800S, DM500S HD, Triax 90cm with MultiBracket 4 sats.
My Location
Europe
BombedOne:
I am not gaining access to unsubscribed channels as I am using my own subscribed card in the dreambox. It provides many additional features such as watching streams from my PC, picture viewing, playing MP3 etc etc that the sly box cant do. I also gain access to foreign channels (multi lnbs) that the sly box can't handle and this helps me to improve my language skills. So it reduces clutter in the TV area.

BombedOne

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Republic of Georgia
The original card and receiver are matched to each other, provided as single, unseparateable system, and using them separately is violation of TOS and can be subject of civil law. This is nearly what your contract says.