Sky Italia in London

jonybakery

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
none
My Location
London
Hi all,

I live in London and want to get Sky Italia to learn Italian and to watch EPL football.

I'll happilly buy a card and box from ebay but I'm not sure on the dish. At the moment we have a UK sky dish, is this big enough? We don't have a UK sky subscription and I know I would have to line the dish up to another satellite.

Cheers
Jon

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
It might do ............... Hotbird is probably as powerful as Astra2/Eurobird.

I should say, if Zone 2 Sky Dish, certainly it will do. If Zone 1, almost certainly.

Do you have unobstructed line of sight to 13E?

fergyc

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
VU+ Duo with ViX and OSCAM, Prof Revolution 7301 PCI Card, 2x Dreambox 500S, 80cm Technomate Dish with Inverto Black Ultra and TM-2600 DiSEqC Motor. Technomate TM-300D along with a few zone 1 minidishes that get moved regularly and a zone 2 for 19e a
My Location
Northumberland
Yeah, I got it up here on a minidish fine until I had a bit of a dish movearound and swapped it for a zone 2 so i could get Astra 1 and Hotbird on the same dish. Just move it up and to the right. Easy to get with a squealer meter

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
jonybakery said:
Hi all,

I live in London and want to get Sky Italia to learn Italian and to watch EPL football.

I'll happilly buy a card and box from ebay but I'm not sure on the dish. At the moment we have a UK sky dish, is this big enough? We don't have a UK sky subscription and I know I would have to line the dish up to another satellite.

Cheers
Jon

As the others say Jon, a minidish is fine for Sky Italia, in fact that's what I install for Hotbird now. Have a look at our forum advertisers, certainly some of them will provide the subscription you require.

jonybakery

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
none
My Location
London
Thanks for your comment. I definuitely have a clear sight of 13E.

How can I tell if I've got a zone 1 or 2 dish?

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Simple observation - Zone 1 looks tiny; Zone 2 looks almost like a proper dish!

But the odds are heavily in favour of Zone 1.

Won't be a problem :)

jonybakery

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
none
My Location
London
Thanks. Maybe I'll buy a sky Italia box with no subscription to test if I can pick up the signal.

If I then buy a Calcio subscription card, will this work in the box I buy? Or does it need to be paired?

Thanks again