SKY On-Demand Service - Problem

ceetee

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SKY mini dish
My Location
Scarborough
I ordered this free) service on-line. SKY confirmed the order by email.
But when select services, and then "On Demand" there is nothing shown.
I have the SKY Box hooked up to my internet router.
But what should appear on screen when I press the Red Button for On Demand?
Is there some set-up process have to go thru?
My box is a SKY+HD Box with the version number 4F3154, which according to the SKY website
should have the correct software for theor on-demand service.
HELP!
Carole

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
When you go into the TV Guide, then press the red button, what message do you get?

ceetee

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SKY mini dish
My Location
Scarborough
When you go into the TV Guide, then press the red button, what message do you get?

"There are no programmes currently available. Ensure yiou have SKY 1 subscription and try again in a few hours".

What should it say? I have a SKY 1 sub etc.
Carole.

A nonymous

Reaction score
Sounds like you need to ring Sky again. That says to me that your box isn't linked to the subscription service.

Is the box you are using the same one the card is paired to? It may be worth jotting down the serial number of the box, the card number and the the software version the box is using when you ring Sky. That way they will be able to ensure the box and card are paired upto the service.

Also ask them if their is a channel you have to leave it on to receive the update. It may be an over the air update or it may be one received through the internet. Either way theres no harm in asking.

Nano

Hixxy1

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM800/7020Si/7000S, VU+ Duo, Skybox F3 & F5, TM1000D, Skystar 2 DVBdream, Triax TD110, Darkmotor, Inverto Black, Hotbird 13 Zone 2 MK 4, 28.2 Zone 1 MK4
My Location
East Midlands
Sounds as if the systems haven't enabled you to use the o.d. service.
You could try rebooting the box by pulling the power out and plugging it back in.
If not do what nano says and give them a bell.

ceetee

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SKY mini dish
My Location
Scarborough
Thanks everyone, I will phone them as re-booting made no difference. It should be the right card etc as we also subscribe to the HD services with no problems.
I would still like to know what should appear in the OD listing if it is working OK.
Thanks,
Carole