Sky Pace 2600 Digibox

Sc00bs

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky Multiroom, Thomson Sky + and Pace 2600
My Location
Berkshire
Guys,

I've changed bedrooms recently at home and the sky digibox that was in our room, now has constant problems when re-located.

somedays it works fine, most others the picture freezes, jumps and the says no signal found.

i go into the menu and check on signal strength and normally the 2 bars are empty and there is no signal lock. the sky+ downstairs is fine, so the dish is ok.

The only thing i have done, is where the black cable comes into the old bedroom, i bought a 10m extention lead that has a female to female connector to engage the extra lead. the cable then goes along the loft into the new bedroom. i ahve tried wiggling the cable, removing the cable from the pace unit and reconnecting it, turning the unit off for a day or so and even cleaning the sky viewing card.

anyone have any ideas if its the cable or even a crap pace box? dont want to buy a new box only to find out that the problem remains.

thanks

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
Hi,

What is the total length of the cable now, between the dish and the receiver?

Why not try the Sky+ box down stairs on the new cable?

Or the upstairs box on the cable coming in downstairs.

irart

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky Freesat in UK,
Astra 1 ana/dig in UK
using Technomate -5000 DAPCI,
Astra 2 South Beam and Eurobird in Spain.
My Location
Cornwall, UK
Also double check your new connections. Make sure there are loose bits of the outer copper braid floating about and that they well tucked in.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Pre-made cables are notorious for signal loss, are you sure this is satellite grade cable?

lloydio

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Planning on using a 1.8m dish to recieve astra 2d
My Location
Slovenia
I think you will have to replace the cable with the legnth you require! re joining the cable doesnt seem to work. lucky your get some sort of signal as i did it and got no signal at all!

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
There should be no problem with joining a cable, but it needs to be done properly and with good quality cable and F type connectors.

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
Yes, I have a 25-30m run, with 1 join, 1 x diseqc switch and a motor, using wf100 and picking up one the weakest satellites in the UK with it.

Sc00bs

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky Multiroom, Thomson Sky + and Pace 2600
My Location
Berkshire
are you using you diseqc switch as the joining block between the 2 lengths on cable?

i've tried swapping the boxes over now and the issue is the same on the sky+ upstairs, so i now know its the cabling.

i got the cable from a satellie expert on ebay, but i suspect its just normal coax really.

the connectors were crap on the ends, so i bought 2 new plugs from an electrical wholesalers and it seemed to work for a while, but is now playing up. anyone know where i can get a decent cable of about 5-10m long with decent ends from around the berkshire area? dont want to spend silly money, but then i want my tv to work in the bedroom. i cant watch itv on channel 103, but funnily enough it works on channel 993!!