Sky Plus Activation from Eastern Europe

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky Digibox
My Location
Romania
Hello All.

I have seen various questions similar to this, but not one that answers in totallity.

Once I have installed my Sky Plus equipement (in Romania) and inserted my current Sky viewing card, I will ring Sky and ask them to activate Sky plus.

My question is:
Will they ask if my box is connected to a phone and what should I say if they ask ?

Any advice that will esnure they activate Sky plus will be greatly appreciated ?

Cheers
Simon....

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Just say no, as there's not much else you can say, they should still activate it for you, as we have loads of Sky + owning members who do not have their boxes connected to a telephone.

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky Digibox
My Location
Romania
Thanks for the advice Rolf.

I will give them a call next week and see if they activate it for me.

Cheers
Simon

Xilt

Czech member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
T90 @ 23E,19E,13E,9E,5E,1W | Prodelin 1244 @ 28,2E | VU+DUO4K | NAS | Invacom QDF 031 | Nordix CM-402
My Location
CZ
@Romulus

I have called Sky from my country (CZ) several times, last time just this past monday to have my card paired to a new box (Sky+) and never had any problems with it. Whenever I call I always suspend my outgoing number on my cell and it always works.

As to the question about the telephone line, you are not obliged to have your box connected to a phone line as long as the box is second hand a so is your contract with Sky - my case.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Xilt said:
As to the question about the telephone line, you are not obliged to have your box connected to a phone line as long as the box is second hand a so is your contract with Sky - my case.

Let me just make a slight clarification here - If you have multiroom then BOTH boxes have to be connected to the phone line! Even if the boxes are secondhand....

howardbowell

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000
HP Laptop
My Location
UK
Simon
What size Dish do you use in Romania, moving to Craiova shortly and want BBC etc.
Regards
Howard

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Northants, Midlands UK & Lanzarote, Canary Islands
howardbowell, your replying to a thread one and a half years old and Romulas hasn't been on since :D