Sky Premiere v horizon usb

Nige1972

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SKY+, Freesat, Technomate 3500.
My Location
Essex
Upgrading my 9yr old sky premiere meter (relic of my sky installer days) to a Horizon usb and been playing around with comparisons over the last couple of days. Ive only ever used the stock sky installer meter before so am quite new to this game and the premiere is pretty foolproof (had to be for sky installers I here you say;))
Anyways I set a zone 1 dish up on a patio mount for playing around with and lined it up to 28.2 using the horizon and got reasonable but not great signal but then used my old faithfull premiere and I had to tweak the dish some more to get a near perfect signal but I had already set it up to the best quality using the Horizon. Does anybody know if the meters are reading the same parameters/transponders and if so which would be the one I need to be using on the horizon to get the best quality all round? many thanks.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
My Premiere broke years ago, was the multisat one though, surprised yours is still going.:)

Nige1972

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SKY+, Freesat, Technomate 3500.
My Location
Essex
Yeah still going just. Handed my one in when I left sky but bought one from for 50 quid off another installer. Had a software fault from since I bought it and often throws up errors and tells me its configuring snim but would you beleive it hasnt played up since I bought the horizon. This one just does the 19.2 and 28.2 from around the time when we used to offer a twin lnb set up on 60 dishes. Hasnt had much use since I bought it anyway cos ive been out of the game but getting made redundant a few months ago has pushed me in this direction. So any ideas what the old premiere is configured to astra a, b or d and what transponder? Trying to figure out why I get a better reading on that than the Horizon:confused

jonny pugh

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Comag SL100 HD, 1.3 OFF SET DISH
My Location
Malaga
Hi, Is it possible you can give me some info on the Premier meter. I am in the process of buying one and have been told it is like the Horizon, it indicates the satellite it locks on transponder, signal & quality. I can not see all this info on an old sky meter am I being conned?.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
They are old now and as far as I know, the transponder information cannot be updated without a special cable and the appropriate software, I would go for something more current.