Sky Prices going up!!

A

Archive-8

I kept checking my recordings for the last week, and out of 24 setup recordings 2 where on sky channels. So for me it is a total waste of money.

And to that I am a tight fisted, I just couldn't justify the price increase aswell.

Tony1A

Never going back to Sky TV. Ever!
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Humax HDR1100S Freesat Recorder. Medion HD satellite box with Gibertini 1m motorised dish. Triax TD78 for Freesat. Triax TD64 for Freesat to 3 rooms. 2 Panasonic Freeview+ HD recorders.
My Location
North-East England, UK
I can't justify keeping Sky due to pretty much the same reasons as you, Chris. About 95% of recording were from FTA and the rest from subscription channels. I can do without that. :D

A

Archive-8

They don't seem to help there selfs, I had been a loyal Sky customer since it first launched in the analog days.

They did not seem to have box for I do not watch it.

In Sky lngo that means it's the price, so it went down to £6.50 a month for 10 months, when I said no I wanted to cancel, they just keep pushing and pushing.

53 mins on the phone to do it!!!

timo_w2s

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.timo.me.uk
My Satellite Setup
See Signature
My Location
Maidenhead, UK & Helsinki, Finland
If I was able to recieve the UK beam from 28E I think I'd have cancelled a while ago as there is a lot to watch on FTA and it's just getting harder and harder to justify the costs for my favourite channel, Comedy Central.

A

Archive-8

Same here 2 Sky channels is all I ever used discovery and history. I had stuff still recorded from Christmas I stillhav watched.

And the picture of the sky box was very poor and the sound left a lot to be desired.

And I am not always at the address (where the sky box was) so I was watching tv less and less.

PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
-----------See sig-----------
My Location
Wirral, NW UK and Vaucluse, France.
I had stuff still recorded from Christmas I stillhav watched.
Better hurry up and watch them as, when you no longer subscribe, anything recorded that is encrypted becomes no longer available.

A

Archive-8

Sky phoned me to day to see if they could keep me as I had been a customer for me then 15+ years.

He offered me the family pack hd for £18.00 a month.

Then he said was there anything else they could do to help, so I said, could he speed up my cancellation, he then hung up!

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors

Tony1A

Never going back to Sky TV. Ever!
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Humax HDR1100S Freesat Recorder. Medion HD satellite box with Gibertini 1m motorised dish. Triax TD78 for Freesat. Triax TD64 for Freesat to 3 rooms. 2 Panasonic Freeview+ HD recorders.
My Location
North-East England, UK
Classic stuff, Chris. Must remember that one. :-rofl2:-rofl2