Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

mike brett

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
65cm dish 2tb sky+ HD
My Location
isle of eigg scotland
Hi, I live on the remote Isle of Eigg Scottish Isles, due to mountains ect I have to place my dish 200mtrs from house , continuous coax damp/booster problems makes me think re fibre optic (a) does anyone have a good contact for the equipment & (b) is it possible to transmit the received sky signal via a microwave link from dish to house ? thanks mike

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Hi Mike, welcome to the forum.

It certainly sounds like one of the new fibre lnbs might give you the solution you need. You will still need an electrical connection to supply the switching.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
You can get all of the kit easily, satelliteandaerialsupplies.com/search/?s=fibre

But as Analoguesat says, you still need a low voltage supply at the dish for the fibre LNB (no switching though, as it stacks the bands). Not sure what the voltage drop on 200m of coax would be, but you may be able to get away with using your existing cable for the low voltage feed, 200m of pre-terminated fibre is not too expensive either, then all you need is a quad converter at the house.

The microwave link is a non-starter.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Ah cheers for the clarification Rolf - Im a bit hazy about the electrical requirements for fibre kit :)