Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
PACE DS430N digibox
SKY viewing card
Triax TD110 dish
Digiality 0.3db LNB
My Location
Lidingö, Sweden
I'm hoping someone out there can help me with a problem with my SKY viewing card. I've finally managed to get my dish set up to get perfect reception here in Stockholm for all terrestrial and SKY channels using a UK friends digibox and viewing card.

However, the problem is that when I put my SKY viewing card in his box I can't get a signal for ITV but can I get all other terrestrial channels perfectly. I know the reception is fine as I put his card back in and ITV reappears. Is ITV specific to my card - I thought all FTA channels work on any card? Why would this happen and is there a way of solving this?

Any help gratefully received as my pal wants his box back and I want to get ITV!

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
ITV does not need a card, it should appear with no card in the box, what message is being shown on the screen?

humpo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
PACE DS430N digibox
SKY viewing card
Triax TD110 dish
Digiality 0.3db LNB
My Location
Lidingö, Sweden
Hi Rolf,

The message simply says that a "Satellite signal is not being received". But I know this isn't the case....I've tried it in a Pace 430N and a Panasonic 31

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
The only thing I can think of, is that you can perhaps receive the Astra 2D vertical transponders and not the horizontal, or vice versa. It will depend on where the card was ordered from, as to which ITV version it will set the box to.

Simple test, take the card out of the box, then go to add channels and add a vertical ITV transponder and a horizontal one from here, then test to see if you can see the channels.

humpo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
PACE DS430N digibox
SKY viewing card
Triax TD110 dish
Digiality 0.3db LNB
My Location
Lidingö, Sweden
Thanks Rolf, you solved all my problems. You were right, I tried the H transponders and picked up a host of ITV regions which I've now added. The two ITV regions I have pre programmed based on my post code are on the V transponders - just my luck!

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Oh well, not quite as convenient, but at least you can get ITV. :)