Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Well I'm going to work on the "If it ain't broke" principle", I think, and leave well alone unless I encounter a specific problem that a later Version is claimed to fix.

Costactc

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
3m channel master mesh-24" vonweise actuator-ps1 x2 lnbf(L)-pansat ap3500 positioner-x2 premium III-vu+solo2.
2.4m fortec solid-24" vonweise actuator-esx 241 lnbf(c)-vbox 7 positioner- dm800.
1.2m fortec-24"sj actuator-invacom snh-031--tm 5402 m3.
My Location
Canada
Various places (usually other Forums!) host them, but it would be more politic here to go straight to source

_http://www.skybox.cc/down.asp

Edit: Fortuitous that you should ask, as I've just spotted that there is an Edit Tool in the list of available Downloads.

Thanks for the info, I just downloaded the latest file from September. I mustn't forget to save all my info before flashing my f3.

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Excellent - do let us know how long it takes to put the fire out what benefits it brings :-righton

Costactc

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
3m channel master mesh-24" vonweise actuator-ps1 x2 lnbf(L)-pansat ap3500 positioner-x2 premium III-vu+solo2.
2.4m fortec solid-24" vonweise actuator-esx 241 lnbf(c)-vbox 7 positioner- dm800.
My Location
Canada
I was getting a bit worries after flashing the file all I could see was noch on the display and a black screen, I forgot that it was going to boot in pal- need to hook it up to my old tv with composite to get it back to ntsc.

Costactc

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Canada
I noticed no option for 1080i_30 but 1080i_60 is an improvement and picture quality is outstanding. I also noticed that the info is much more visible then before so I don't have to go to the tv to see if it is 720p or 1080i for example. I'll report other improvements later.

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
I saw somewhere that the August update (must be the one before yours) has got improved Network Setting Menus, and can Hide (once revealed) the Softcam Menus using the same 6666 code.

Hixxy1

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM800/7020Si/7000S, VU+ Duo, Skybox F3 & F5, TM1000D, Skystar 2 DVBdream, Triax TD110, Darkmotor, Inverto Black, Hotbird 13 Zone 2 MK 4, 28.2 Zone 1 MK4
My Location
East Midlands
As a matter of interest, what is the date/version of Firmware you are using, Hixxy?

Mine is 5th June (or 6th May, depending upon what Format the date stamp represents!).

I think there is a newer one from September, but the changes are chiefly re. Time Zones (Might be a fix for Analoguesat's wonky clock!! :-thumb1 )

Yes there is a newer firmware. I'm using the latest from September and there's been quite a few bugfixes since the June fw. Also the setup menus are different. Well worth an update Tivù.

Edit:
There's some very good channels lists available as well.
_http://linuxsat-support.com/openbox...st-update-openbox-s9-s10-s11-s12-f3-x3-3.html

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
I was getting a bit worries after flashing the file all I could see was noch on the display and a black screen, I forgot that it was going to boot in pal- need to hook it up to my old tv with composite to get it back to ntsc.

Just flashed mine also to the 20 Sep version, downloaded from the Skybox site.

Dead easy and very little smoke.

Not had a chance to see what's improved from my own point of view as yet.

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
PS: AS I expected from reading around, although my PROG_TP.dbs file restores nicely, the labels of my Favourites lists have defaulted to Fav 1, 2 etc - contents unaffected, however.

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Much, much improved Info Bar.

rossy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Skybox f3 spiderbox died hd9000 technomate 1500ci+, skystar2,1.1m dish .3db bluline lnb,Sky,
Span 58W to 42e with trees bare! 42e gone and now 39e
My Location
southern england, Berkshire
Just flashed mine also to the 20 Sep version, downloaded from the Skybox site.

Dead easy and very little smoke.

Not had a chance to see what's improved from my own point of view as yet.

I also updated to this version and to be honest cant see any major differences. Thought the "moving dish" bug would have gone but alas not. Weird thing was that in the process after reinstalling channel and satellite. Lists the dish seems to have forgotten where 30w is . I had the dish tracking perfectly on usals prior to this but had to change 30w to be diseqc and store it manually most likely finger problem by me in reinstalling everything .

Cheers

Stew.art

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Minidish 28/19°E (FTA) • DVB-S2: Edision Proton & Skybox F3 • NowTV (Black) • DVB-T: Toshiba HDTV, Netgem iPlayer • DAB: Pure's The Bug • OS: Windows 10 & Puppy Linux.
My Location
North Essex, England
F3's latest software adds Youtube Function and more

just found & downloaded this from the manufactures website _http://www.yojiatech.com/a/Support/Download/

Skybox F3/M3 Software-Youtube(121031)
1. Add "Micro Panel" to improve the remote control, when play channel ,press "M/P" key .
2. Add Youtube Function, (Network App).
3. When update the new firmware , keep the satellites data and system setting.(Upgrade By US:cool:.
4. Fav groups name will be save in the TP_PROG.DBS, when dump the TP_PROG.DBS by USB.

The micro panel means you can just use the directional keys for all general operations and it includes a better display settings dialog. Can't try the youtube app due to no wifi dongle and my router leads are not long enough. :-crying

Attachments

• DSC00581.JPG
    DSC00581.JPG
    119.7 KB · Views: 289
  • DSC00586.JPG
    DSC00586.JPG
    117.3 KB · Views: 216
  • DSC00588.JPG
    DSC00588.JPG
    103.8 KB · Views: 244

Stew.art

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Minidish 28/19°E (FTA) • DVB-S2: Edision Proton & Skybox F3 • NowTV (Black) • DVB-T: Toshiba HDTV, Netgem iPlayer • DAB: Pure's The Bug • OS: Windows 10 & Puppy Linux.
My Location
North Essex, England
F3's latest software adds Youtube Function and more - part 2

Managed to use the youtube app via the ethernet option after digging out a lead last used in the days of dial-up. The search is a bit of a trawl but once found the video plays perfectly with no buffering and in full screen.

The box was impressive enough for the price (£50) but now... :-wow with this added feature and the new onscreen dialogues from the micro panel this upgrade is a must.

Attachments

• DSC00590.JPG
    DSC00590.JPG
    142.2 KB · Views: 179
  • DSC00593.JPG
    DSC00593.JPG
    79.4 KB · Views: 143

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Im not in the slightest bothered about the YT cpability but does the upgrade make the receiver any more responsive to the remote button presses? If anything mine is getting worse (and no its not the batteries!)

And how about the crap timekeeping on the clock?

Think I must have a Friday afternoon lemon.

Stew.art

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
North Essex, England
It's hard to tell if theres a improvement as I've never really had a problem with the remote's response apart from a good few accidental double clicks due to been too quick, for me the upgrade has certainly not slowed it down. How responsive my remote is, is hard to describe but for example standing about 3 metres away from the receiver and holding the OK button down the onscreen dialog (fav's channel grid) pops on & off in a very quick rapid fire fashion.

The new micro panel itself is a nice simple to use feature which includes some new on-screen transparent dialogue for display settings, one page channel info and theres two others that lets you lookup and select another channel from a different fav list or satellite.

For those who are bothered ;) about the YT app, an easy way to find a known video is by typing the end part (highlighted below) of the video's web address into the app's search but it has to be exact as it's case sensitive.

example: youtubedotcom/watch?v=wepShUclRmo

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Thanks for the info, Stew.art

Only just upgraded to the 20Sep 2012 Version, but I'm glad they've fixed the Favourites bug!

Hixxy1

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM800/7020Si/7000S, VU+ Duo, Skybox F3 & F5, TM1000D, Skystar 2 DVBdream, Triax TD110, Darkmotor, Inverto Black, Hotbird 13 Zone 2 MK 4, 28.2 Zone 1 MK4
My Location
East Midlands
I'm glad they've fixed the Favourites bug!

Can you remember what the bud was doing? Were you using the older firmware from around May?
The only thing I spotted is the favorite labels are stored with the firmware and the channel lists. Which seems to be normal with Skyboxes & Openboxes.

Thinking about getting another and rigging it up with a ku band linear lnb (if I can get one at a reasonable price).

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Oh yes - a gripe Id forgotten about - no soft power off - any press of the red button switches it off completely, then it takes what seems like bloody ages to boot as it goes through its front panel countup!

Hixxy1

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
East Midlands
Oh yes - a gripe Id forgotten about - no soft power off - any press of the red button switches it off completely, then it takes what seems like bloody ages to boot as it goes through its front panel countup!

At least they don't mind having the mains pulled out when you go to bed at night hehe :D