Skybox F5S: New user.

KennyB

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Humax HB-1000S & Skybox F5S receivers to a Quad LNB. Laptop connected to Internet.
My Location
Devon
Recently purchased a Skybox F5S, and apart from an initial fault with the 12 volt adapter which is hopefully being replaced by the seller all is well, apart from:-

1. Clock.
As others have reported the clock runs slow, in my case just over 5 minutes every 24 hours.
I've set up 2 daily “channel” timers(12 hours apart) for 2 minute duration to wake up the box and correct the time, then all “record” timers are set to start 3 minutes before scheduled time, hopefully so as not to miss the start of programs.

2. HDD recording.
I started by connecting up a HDD for recording but noticed that the drive never powers down in standby, the 5 volts stays at the USB ports.
I would expect the USB ports to power down in standby. With a HDD attached the quoted 1 watt in standby must be being exceeded.
Now use a 32GB Integral Courier USB pen drive instead.

I also have an issue recording HD channels, I'll start another thread for that.

Having no previous experience of a Skybox is 2. above the norm for these boxes?

Apart from the above, for the price it's an excellent box with a decent remote.
But who on earth thought it a good idea to have white lettering on a light blue background!

F5s Remote.jpg

Attachments

• F5s Remote.jpg
    F5s Remote.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 122

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Welcome to the Forum and thanks for Posting your experiences: I'm still using the older F3 and other than a brief experiment don't use an HDD, preferring instead a Verbatim 16GB USB Stick, so can't really comment on point #2.

Piltdownpaul

No.1 Spike Milligan Fan
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Skybox F3,Icecrypt S3500HDCCI, Technomate TM3000D,TM5400Ci Super, Samsung HD HDD Freesat Box,60cm dish for freesat, TD88 dish on a Skybox F3 57E to 45W.
My Location
South Leicestershire (Fleckney)
Oh yes that clock is a minor issue. Mine doesnt stay accurate.I dont record on mine very much, so it doesnt much matter to me. Cant answer for your other problems.