SKYBOX F5S

Robert Gatehouse

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
sky dish and skyboxF5S
My Location
Dorset UK
Hi
Im a total noob at this .......have bought the above box to go on my sky dish to get free sat .....
so far no signal ....YET
am i doing something wrong and am i doing something illegal?

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
If you bought the box with "Gift", then yes, obtaining Pay Channels that way is illegal.

But you are entirely within your rights to watch Free To Air stuff like BBC, most ITV etc.

As for why you have no signal >>> This could be due to any one (or more) of several reasons: First of all the cable connection to the Skybox might not be secured properly; Secondly the box itself might not be set up properly (Although if it came with a UK Channel List, I'd have expected the Supplier would have effectively made it "Plug and Play").

Edit: Welcome to the forum - and I've moved your query to another section that contains lots of info about this family of receivers.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Welcome to the forum Robert - Im pleased to be able to tell you that you are most certainly not doing anything illegal using other equipment to watch the free channels. If you are planning on illegally descrambling the pay channels thats an entirely different matter :D

No signal could be one of several causes - a badly terminated coax cable, a wrong setup on the lnb settings on the box, a faulty receiver, water in a cable, a nail through a cable, etc etc. You need to work logically from the dish (it is a Sky digital oval dish and not an ancient sky analogue dish isnt it?!) to the receiver thinking about what could possibly have gone wrong.

9 times out of 10 its a simple problem like a badly terminated plug which has come loose on the cable when you were screwing it up.

Robert Gatehouse

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
sky dish and skyboxF5S
My Location
Dorset UK
Welcome to the forum Robert - Im pleased to be able to tell you that you are most certainly not doing anything illegal using other equipment to watch the free channels. If you are planning on illegally descrambling the pay channels thats an entirely different matter :D

No signal could be one of several causes - a badly terminated coax cable, a wrong setup on the lnb settings on the box, a faulty receiver, water in a cable, a nail through a cable, etc etc. You need to work logically from the dish (it is a Sky digital oval dish and not an ancient sky analogue dish isnt it?!) to the receiver thinking about what could possibly have gone wrong.

9 times out of 10 its a simple problem like a badly terminated plug which has come loose on the cable when you were screwing it up.
Thanks guys ...was working with old box just before... No I wouldn't even know hovevto unscramble ..lol as for dish...it is oval just checked..

I have just tried putting in 28E and set it scanning again....nowcon 12% after 10 mins...so maybe

Robert Gatehouse

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
sky dish and skyboxF5S
My Location
Dorset UK
Thanks guys ...was working with old box just before... No I wouldn't even know hovevto unscramble ..lol as for dish...it is oval just checked..

I have just tried putting in 28E and set it scanning again....nowcon 12% after 10 mins...so maybe
Every time before the searches were really quick this time really slow..is that good ?

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Probably. You should see a list of Transponders appearing and after each is scanned, it should say Failed or Success (I think! Summat like that, anyway) and the upper part of the screen should show Channel Names as they are found.

Robert Gatehouse

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
sky dish and skyboxF5S
My Location
Dorset UK
Probably. You should see a list of Transponders appearing and after each is scanned, it should say Failed or Success (I think! Summat like that, anyway) and the upper part of the screen should show Channel Names as they are found.
Nope nothing so far

Robert Gatehouse

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
sky dish and skyboxF5S
My Location
Dorset UK
What a crock of shite this box is !

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Lol - we have all had "Grrr " moments with receivers - I have something of a reputation on the forum for character assassination of a new receiver!!

Leave it for tonight & come back to it when you are fresh sometime tomorrow- we will still be here to help you and may have some more ideas.

Robert Gatehouse

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
sky dish and skyboxF5S
My Location
Dorset UK
Lol - we have all had "Grrr " moments with receivers - I have something of a reputation on the forum for character assassination of a new receiver!!

Leave it for tonight & come back to it when you are fresh sometime tomorrow- we will still be here to help you and may have some more ideas.

Robert Gatehouse

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
sky dish and skyboxF5S
My Location
Dorset UK
Thanks.................I think the company i bought it from on ebay need to review there discription

statalite

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Nova-HD-S2, Dr HD D15, Free sat V7S, Free sat v8 finder V-71HD
Zone 1 @ 28.2°E
Zone 2 @ 19.2°E with 28.2°E and 13.0°E
Channel Master 1.0m (to be setup)
Channel Master 1.2m (to be setup)
SMR 1224
My Location
UK Midlands
Double check you have the satellite cable in the correct port at the back (lnb in), I made that error one time.
Factory reset the software by going to tools > Factory setting.
Go to channels > delete all (this will delete anything there previously)

Go to installation > antenna setup, this should show a good signal percentage (if the dish is setup correctly - should be ok as you checked it with the previous reciever) as the f5s has the 28.e satellite preselected.

Once you can establish that the box is recieving a good signal, do a blind scan and you should see the channels being found.

You should then be able to use the reciever after exiting all of the menus.

Occasionally channels will move frequencies on the satellite, updates to the box are not automatic so you can do a preset scan to add to the channels you have, or a delete all channels and blind scan again.

Last edited:

Robert Gatehouse

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
sky dish and skyboxF5S
My Location
Dorset UK
Dish is in lnb in 13/18v same as on my old sky didibox.
In dish set up it says 000.00E
Had perfect reception before....im so confused

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2M Channel Master, 1224 motor, VU+ Duo 2
My Location
North West
Have you checked the Antenna Setup option and selected Astra 2 28.2E, and 10750, as in this video?

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2M Channel Master, 1224 motor, VU+ Duo 2
My Location
North West
Can you please expand on your menu options, especially for installation.
You have dish set up listed at 000.00E, is this in the motor setup options or other part of the menu?
What version firmware/software is loaded on your receiver? There should be a section, in the menu, that lists this.
Do you have any options, in the menu, for the LNB?
Your setup should be basic, as you seem to just have a fixed dish on 28.2E.

Robert Gatehouse

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
sky dish and skyboxF5S
My Location
Dorset UK
In installation antena the local longitude is 000.00E
Lnb power is on