SKY's FreeSat service - Any Good

richardinalex

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
Alexandria, Egypt
What does SKY's FreeSat card (£20 version) offer that is different from an out of contract SKY subscriber card?

Any different channels?

Any drawbacks / plusses for buying the new card and dumping old Blue card with Yellow house?

dishdoctor

Hmm, now what seems to be the problem?
Reaction score
My Location
Torreblanca ,Malaga
The only plus to buying a new 20 pound card is to sell your existing ex subscription card for 50 quid,as the new card is good for 2/3+ years......there may be features available on the new card to subscribe to Film4 or other independent stations...the old FTV cards could not do this......but dont hold your breath................

richardinalex

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
Alexandria, Egypt
Why will someone still pay fifty squids for an ex subscription card if they can get a FTV card for 20 squids?

cjgall

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Topfield 4000PVR with Aston 1.07 CAM, (canaldigitaal), dragoncam,
Sky digibox,
Bush HD Freesat,
Visiosat trisat looking at Astra1, Astra2 and Hotbird.
My Location
Netherlands & Central Brittany
I suppose people abroad without UK contacts would still be prepaired to pay 50 quid on ebay. I have seen some dealers trying to sell the new sky freesat cards for 70 quid on the net!

punter45

Reaction score
Hi, got my freesat card a while ago, did nothing much until i had it activated. now got beeb 1,2,3,4, + news24+regions. itv 1,2,3 + news+regions. ch4, 5. cnn and lots of radio, now even the ebay yellow house, I thought dead, runs.

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 7000s - Nokia Freeview - Several GameBoys - DS Lite - ZX81 - SNES - N64 - Saturn - Dreamcast - PlayStation - PS2 - Gamecube - PSP - iPod - iPhone - XBox - PS3 - Wii - iPad - No Life!
My Location
Scotland
Full listing of channels available here...

h**p://www.freesatfromsky.co.uk/?pID=3

chrislloret

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
Beautiful Catalunya,Spain
gameboy said:
Full listing of channels available here...

h**p://www.freesatfromsky.co.uk/?pID=3

Sorry if I missed something,but what is new about this? So you get ITV1 and 2, Ch4 and 5. So? that is the same then always, the rest is free anyway. Big Deal for 150pounds!
Greetings
Chris