skystar 2

richard.willacy

Reaction score
this morning i got this skystar 2 board and i have been having trouble in getting
the bloody thing working i have been downloading channels from 30w but no
picture what am i doing rong i have dvbprog on my pc what do i need to do

mick32

Reaction score
My Location
Newcastle
Hi there welcome to the forum,,for one u could try doin a search for a decent player to run it instead of the db viewer that comes with the card,,,try a program like dvbdream or prog dvb do a google on them or look in nobbys big links on here,,theres plenty of help sections on this forum that will help u to get started :-bighappy

upfront2002

Reaction score
richard.willacy said:
this morning i got this skystar 2 board and i have been having trouble in getting
the bloody thing working i have been downloading channels from 30w but no
picture what am i doing rong i have dvbprog on my pc what do i need to do

Hi m8, make sure that the dish is on 30w and check conn.to LNB & all other conn. good luck.

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
mick32 said:
Hi there welcome to the forum,,for one u could try doin a search for a decent player to run it instead of the db viewer that comes with the card,,,try a program like dvbdream or prog dvb do a google on them or look in nobbys big links on here,,theres plenty of help sections on this forum that will help u to get started :-bighappy

Hi Mick. Long time no hear
:D

You'll need some additional files to decode most of 30W once you have ProgDVB or whatever.

See some of the recent posts in this section re SS2's. I described how to do it a couple of days ago.

mick32

Reaction score
My Location
Newcastle
BGonaSTICK said:

Hi Mick. Long time no hear
:D

You'll need some additional files to decode most of 30W once you have ProgDVB or whatever.

See some of the recent posts in this section re SS2's. I described how to do it a couple of days ago.

You too Stick,,,been reading just not jumpin in these days been doin wireless networks n stuff to fy the old brain...lol

mick32

Reaction score
My Location
Newcastle
mick32 said:
You too Stick,,,been reading just not jumpin in these days been doin wireless networks n stuff to fy the old brain...lol

Oh and forgot to mention the footie season back on...lol

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
mick32 said:
Oh and forgot to mention the footie season back on...lol

LOL, yes m8 - that goes without saying ;)