Skytar2

geronimo

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Still problem with SkyStar2.

Have read threads here in forum and other places but still no picture.

Is there anyone how have this card working??

Very happy if anyone could give some advise.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
I would first of all try to connect the receiver to one LNB, not through the DiseqC switch, start off with the most basic setting, one LNB and the correct satellite selected. Make sure that you have the video switched on and see what happens.

geronimo

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Thank`s for your advise will try that tomorrow. But it is still strange because I can se there is signal.

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Not saying that it will solve all of your problems Geronimo, but if there are problems, its always best to eliminate any factors that could confuse matters. Get it working on the most basic of settings and then expand the system. Works for me. :)

geronimo

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Did as you told me, but without any success. Still no picture and nothing found when searching.
But it is showing signal with my imported channellists.

Setup4pc also showing there is signal and I can see it finds something but allways report "No Pat data".

Very confused.

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
When searcing on Thor, does it say no new channels found, or no channels found, it will not register them if they are already in the list.

Make sure that video is on and that you have the appropriate driver selected in Graphs.

geronimo

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Thanks for paying attetion.

Scanning in my theatre says no channels found. Really tried hard to get things work.

The only thing I haven´t tried yet is to change soundcard, have a built in in motherbard card.

Don´t now if this can effect my scanning?

Still signals in ProgDVB with imported channellists but no picture. Use yankse plugin here.

Think card is broken. For me it´s a mystery.

geronimo

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Have also noticed when trying Setup4PC it says "Updating Pat ... No Pat Data data (0x90000101).

Found transponders when manuell settings.

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
From the sound of it, it may be worthwhile taking it back to the drivers. Are you using the latest drivers from the Technisat web site, this is essential? If not, download them, uninstall the existing ones and preferably the card as well and start from scratch.

I'm assuming that you are using Win 2000 or XP, so forget Prog DVB, connect only the Thor LNB, I'm assuming that you are sure it is on the sat. You should be able to start up My theatre and set the LNB settings to intelsat and pick up BBC world without scanning. If you don't get a picture, but you're showing a signal in the taskbar, try dight clicking and turn on video, if this doesn't work, try changing the Graph mode until one works..

geronimo

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Tanks for yours advise.

Tried it out.

But still no picture but signal. Wrote to technisat today, hope they will switch the card.

geronimo

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
First I will say, thanks for replaying.
Finally I did it, the card is now working.
It was the famous SkyStar2 lock how did it wont work. After searching the net I find a lockup sulotion. So no I can watch Tv on my computer.
yeeeeeeeeeeeees!

geronimo

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Now I´m going futher when the card seems to work. Have problem with sirius channels, it will not decode the picture. On Thor it works fine. I use MyTheatre and ProgDVB same problem in both.
Put the yankse plugin in ProgDVB and did a softcam.key with help of fun2md as BigTed describe.
Maybe there is somthing I have to do in MyTheatre, have valid mks for viasat.

Please help me out here.

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Sorry Geronimo, should have thought to ask if it was an ex-EOL card, may have saved a lot of time, never mind, all's well.........

Don't have anything to offer on your sIrius problem I'm afraid, can't get it.

geronimo

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Thanks again for answering my question.

Didn´t now about EOL until I found a very good guide to make shure if it was such a card.

Sorry if I offended you with the other question.

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
No problem with the sirius question Geronimo, I only use a 63 cm dish on my motor, so I'm unable to receive the viasat channels, I'm sure that someone will be able to help though.