Sleep-over nightmare

raedwald

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
fortec passion
fixed dishes 19e & 28e
My Location
east anglia
I let my daughter have a sleep over last night in the room where I keep my satellite kit. Today I find my Fortec Passion won't boot up! When I power it up it displays "LOADER V15" followed by "PASSION" (at this point I get the pretty mountain picture on the TV) then, after a few seconds, "POWER OFF" (for a fraction of a second I see "BBC HD") then it displays the time as 00:00.

It won't respond to the remote control at all.

I've tried booting it up with just loader_v150.dnl on the USB stick. Using the OK button on the stb it successfully reloads the file but afterwards, when I reboot, it still does exactly the same thing as before.

Should I ban sleep-overs in future?

autochanger

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Fortecstar Passion HD
My Location
UK
raedwald said:
............................my Fortec Passion won't boot up! When I power it up it displays "LOADER V15" followed by "PASSION" (at this point I get the pretty mountain picture on the TV) then, after a few seconds, "POWER OFF" (for a fraction of a second I see "BBC HD") then it displays the time as 00:00.
Exactly the same thing happened to me some time back. I found that by unplugging the aeriel lead, and then powering on, it jumped back in to 'power off' as before but it then let me switch it on with the remote, obviously with a 'no signal' message, but I was able to change to BBC1, and delete BBC HD. I switched it off at the front (not standby just in case) than I put the aeriel cable back in, switched on it was fine, I rescanned for BBC HD, and touch wood it's been fine since.
Hope this helps.

Roy

raedwald

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
fortec passion
fixed dishes 19e & 28e
My Location
east anglia
Tried your idea but it didn't work for me. I have managed to fix things though. Turns out the problem was with the remote control; it seems to have become locked in some way. I took out then replaced the batteries and it all started working again. Of all the kit I've ever had, this Fortec is the most temperamental!

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triple Dragon, Dreambox 8000, Echostar AD3000ip, TBS6522,6925,6983 PCie cards.
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
The Flatlands of East Anglia
I've noticed the batteries in my RCU don't last very long compared to my other remotes. With mine, when the batteries are failing, the handset LED still lights, but there's no IR function, which can cause some head-scratching.

Llew