Slough

Azaniah

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
n/a
My Location
Berkshire
Anyone know a good installer around the Slough area?

Thanks

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
What exactly do you need, advce, existing equipment repair or upgrade, or the full monty ?

I work with larger sized dishes and commercial systems.

Azaniah

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
n/a
My Location
Berkshire
Channel,

I will need a bit of everything I think. Bascially looking at..

1> Quattro LNB / Quad LNB (depending on which multiswitch I go for).
2> New Dish ( smallest possible footprint) (as I doubt the minidish I have now will cope).
3> 2/3 new aerials (UHF/FM/DA:cool:.

All going to be fed to one location, and then from there distributed via multiswitch (WF100 cable yet to be installed internally).

Thanks Steve

Channel Hopper

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
To how many points, and at what maximum length ?

Azaniah

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
n/a
My Location
Berkshire
Channel,

Probably 5 or 6 outlets (both dual WF100) to allow sky sky+ etc to be installed where ever. I don't think any of the runs would be longer than 20m. Most a lot shorter.

I don't know when the best time to do this is. Roof is being replaced soon, so I figured doing the aerials first might be a good idea.

At this precise point I am just looking at getting the external things sorted to one location. During the course of the renovation will lay the cable to various rooms and then connect up.

Steve

Channel Hopper

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
If the roof is to be changed its not worth doing much at all for now. Many times I have seen an install more or less destroyed by wayward materials, or a simple 'adjustment' by the roofer as it was 'in the way'.

Better to get plans in of the outlet location in each room, and an idea of the types of channels you want pumped round the house (there are plenty of interesting channels on other satellites, have you checked if these are useful ?)

Azaniah

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
n/a
My Location
Berkshire
Channel, I have never considered other satellites, how would I go about investigating whats available?

Should I look at getting this all done when the roof is done and internal wiring / cable is all laid to the various rooms?

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Azaniah said:
Channel, I have never considered other satellites, how would I go about investigating whats available?

Have a look at this site and look at satellites from 50 West to 60 East. Look at the key at the bottom of each page to see if the channels are Free to Air or if not what encrytion is used. Of course you need line of site to each satellite and sometimes that is not possible

Channel Hopper

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
The Astra 2 system could be included with another satellite dish putting down non UK channels if the box that provides the distribution includes a DiSEqC switching facility.

Any Sky box will ignore the switch and go atraight to Astra2, any decent digital receiver installed will be able to see both sets of signal.

If you are going for more than four points in the house (which is eight for a Sky+ network, then a distribution box becomes a neccessity unless you install 2 x Astra 2 dishes. Planning permission might become an issue.

ATEE

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SATELLITE & COMPUTER
My Location
BELGIUM
How can i update my recever i have null modem cabel also i download the new software virsion also but i dontknow how can i up dtate thanks ....

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triple Dragon, Dreambox 8000, Echostar AD3000ip, TBS6522,6925,6983 PCie cards.
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
The Flatlands of East Anglia
Firstly, you are hijacking a thread that has nothing to do with your question.

Secondly, as we don't know what receiver you have, it's unlikely anyone can help.

Llew

Azaniah

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
n/a
My Location
Berkshire
Channel,

I did have a rumage around on that site, and to be honest nothing really jumped out at me as worth the extra expense / hassle. Am I correct in saying that to add a 2nd LNB / DiSEqC switch later is still possible if needed?

Thanks Steve

Channel Hopper

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
As long as you have a link budget that can cope with the slight additional losses, and are prepared in advance with some additional cabling to route into a waterproof box (and I suppose you have space for an additional dish at the site - a larger one than is required for Astra 2,) then you should have no difficulty.