slow digi box

pov oatcakes

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
working in staffs moorlands
i dont know if any body elses digi box dose this but when i flick between chartshowtv and p-rock it takes ages for the channel to load and change over . i have an amstrad dxr 100 . and i thought with a new card it might fun better but that was no help.

any body have the same problem.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
The Amstrad which you have is one of the very first release, so unfortunately its going to be slow, my sister has one and it is equally slow.

pov oatcakes

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
will it end up like analog boxes like in 1994 all system under 1994 will not pick up cirtian channels . will that happen to sky digi boxes....??????????

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Its more likely to die first Pov. but whilst there are no plans as far as I know, to change the LNB or tuner frequencies, it may well be too slow for some services eventually.

pov oatcakes

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
it was took away by sky for repairs and brought back with a few faults like the tele phone line ect..

what will happen when it dies will sky take the old one away and get me a new one.

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
They may do if you threaten to cancel when it breaks again.