Small request - twin output LNB

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
One of my customers has decided to watch satellite in their bedroom. They have a spare Skybox (a spare thats been in limbo for a while), received a new card from Sky, and now need to update their dish to a twin

Not knowing the types of Skydish fitted in the UK, the existing LNB has a double angles feed cap and looks like its in a plastic housing that slots into the feed support.

1) Is it safe to assume any twin output LNB for a Skydish will fit , if not
2) what should I ask for when searching for one, and
3) Anyone recommend a seller in or near Basingstoke/M3 going East ?

If there is likely to be a degree of uncertainty , I can fit a second dish to the wall.

Thanks in advance

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
I believe that most of them fit all dishes now CH, I have a Philips Quad that I can do a deal on, perhaps for the J-Tag adapatation of th Sammy.:D

PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
-----------See sig-----------
My Location
Wirral, NW UK and Vaucluse, France.
Unless things have changed in the last 3 months the Philips Quad has adaptors for both types of dish arm whilst there are 2 differing types of twin to suit the 2 sizes of arms.

I believe that there's yet another Quad output type recently issued but I'm not sure about what it is.

PaulR

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
I only need the twin version, anyhow are you offering to supply the quasd AND the JTag for my purpose ?

I will quite happily attempt upgrade of the Sammy if you need, I was looking to bring back a Digiquest P2000 back to life after I killed it