Smart Priority Switches

cambus

Reaction score
I want to connect my Echostar AD-3000 and a Sky Digibox to the same LNB, and based on info on these forums, have purchased a SPS1 from Globalcom. It offers me two options, based on whether or not the receiver continuously powers the LNB. Can someone tell me how I know this of either of my receivers.

Is it also possible to use an SPS to link two digiboxes, which I might want to do in the future (one with a fully paid up Sky card, the other with a FTV card).

2old4this

Honorary Admin
Reaction score
My Location
Cloud Cuckoo Land
How to know which configuration to use the switch in...? Suck it and see. I believe the echostar does not continuously power the LNB, but try it and if it doesn't work no harm done.

I can't see any reason why the 2 digiboxes could not be connected via such a switch, unless there's another insidious Murdoch cripple built into them.

Anyone else out there actually tested that...?

2old

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Yes the digibox powers the lnb all the time on the vertical polarisation, it needs to for the software downloads.

I would question what can be gained by having two digiboxes connected to the same LNB though. You will still get the same conflicts on polarisation, there would be a fair chance that whatever polarisation one is on the other will want the opposite. I'm not familiar with that paticular switch by name, although I'm sure I can find more from the Global site, but I'm sure that a twin universal LNB would be a better option for the double digibox setup.

Rolf.

cambus

Reaction score
Connecting the Echostar and one Digibox via SPS has worked fine so far, with the Echostar as the master, and the Digibox as the 'slave' (best use for it).

I don't think I'll risk connecting two digiboxes this way.

For those more technically minded than me, Globals website is www.globalcom.co.uk.