softcam keys

netjunkie

Reaction score
hi there,
please can you explain something to a fool like me.
I have now got a linux based stb (mutant 200s) and i have successfully added (not hard to do hey!) the softcam.key file and got it to work etc(D+ for a day).
But what i don't understand is that the latest softcam.key file includes keys for channels/providers that can't be opened atm.

Can you please explain why this is ie why are the keys still listed in the files, what is the reason behind that? And is there a place i can discover what is open by softcam keys on 19.2E?

Thank you and werd,
netjunkie

mhku

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM Nano ~ sg2100
My Location
Midlands
They just seem to remain there forever. I've seen them going back to 2003 in some files.

19.2 is pretty closed- you just have to go through the channels one by one. MTV2 is open if you like that kind of music.

netjunkie

Reaction score
damn i was hoping you wouldn't say that. :( still channel hopping is good fun sometimes.

i see the D+ key that worked for a day is still there - it's like, what is the point?! There must be a reason, surely.

anyways, thanks again,
netjunkie

mhku

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM Nano ~ sg2100
My Location
Midlands
Delete it if it offends you ;)

It may be so the format of the keys remains known just in case it's useful at a later date- but that is a complete guess.