Software update Emitor Micro G2 help

oldbean

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
none
My Location
Liverpool
Trying to update software and use the satellite edit program (bought a usb to rs232 cable) on the above but can not get the satlook micro
to communicate with the PC when it does it states "can't get version information"
So not having a lot of luck with this sat finder
Any ideas ??

oldbean

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
none
My Location
Liverpool
Fixed it all now working perfect with the latest software. Its those cheap nasty RS232 to USB cables

craignigel

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.4m PF Fagor fixed dish Invacom quad C120 LNB. Amstrad SD Sky Rx 1 feed with Sky Subs. 2nd feed via DISEqC switch to my DB500S, 3rd to a Ross HD Rx.The switch also connects my 1m dish with a Motsat3 motor to DB. Satlook Micro G2 meter
My Location
Los Balcones, Torrevieja, Alicante, Spain and Moortown Leeds UK
Hi

I'm having the same problem connecting my new computer running Windows 7 Ultimate to my Satlook Micro G2 so that I can modify the EF transponders for Astra3 @ 23.5 (trying to get a few Czech channels for next door).

The micomem.exe is not connecting the USB to the RS232 port. You think I need to get a new adapter? The present one is a Digitus and was supplied with the Satlook. It previously worked (after fiddling) with my old Vista set-up.

Any ideas please?

Thanks

oldbean

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
none
My Location
Liverpool
Did have problems with mine but as stated it was the crap cable. Buy a new cable and conect to the computer and it should say ready to use. Then go into device manager you have any yellow flags next to the device its the cable fault.