Some news

Yeshi

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dm500, TM9100, Samsung V+, 1M Dish. Motect 2100..
37Inch Plasma, Wii, Xbox360.
My Location
Behind pin 9 on an atmel
Hello, just thought id let you know about what sky are planning in the near future...

First off HD boxes..

At the moment if you are sending a recording to dvd via a dvd recorder you cant watch something else.. not anymore.. the new HD box which will be released after christmas will let you be able to record to your dvd recorder and watch tv.. Not much diferent lol.. sky hd boxes are shyte anyway ... well just like the majority of their boxes :)

Secondly (Cable)

Sky are trialing at the moment a new cable when it comes to satellite. its a Ct based cable but also carries telephone wire (like shotgun). Cant see how this will work tbh.. i mean yes you can put a phone connector on the box end but where do you put the dish end?? only way i can think is to put the dish near the bt grounding point is.. and jelly into it :|

Last off..

Sky+ - HD

You have sky+hd, you have 20 hours of recorings you want.. all of a sudden your box gets stuck on standby, or the tuner fries.. an engineer like me arrives swaps your box and drives off laughing :).. not anymore. sky are developing a system where the engineer will have to transfer all data from the old hard drive to the new one..

god sky have such fantastic ideas... you think they would be as standard anyway lol..