Some nilesat horizontal channels on my 1.2m andrews

  • Thread starter Thread starter Rd100
  • Start date Start date
Have you got the Vantage X221tS if you have what do you think of it & what is the tuner & blind scan like also have you and screen shots of the menus.

Also by useing the skystar2 i have gained a extra 1.5db of signal

Cheers

staffspeted said:
Great to hear...the difference between receivers is sometimes like throwing a larger dish on the roof!!
 
Now that the Diablo cam software has opened up the Showtime package , being able to receive most of Nilesat has really come into its own. Great work by the Stealth team.:-worship
 
The Diablo is a superb investment now.

Just get the Showtime verticals at present. Think I'm a little too far north for the horizontals (pixellations).

Llew
 
Beware, this may be a door which slams tightly shut, too many costly cards and CAMs sitting on members' shelves which initially promised so much.
 
rolfw said:
Beware, this may be a door which slams tightly shut, too many costly cards and CAMs sitting on members' shelves which initially promised so much.

Even if it only lasts a few days , its all part of the game linked to our hobby!!
If we wanted constant no risk viewing we would all have 43cm dishes with a Mr M subscription!!!
Pete...ever the optimist!
 
I need to get to the office so i can pick the replacement lnb they sent so i can put it up, hopefully get some nilesat then.

Good to hear it's opened up.

PJ
 
Nice do you have one and if so how do you program it do you need a cas to it or can you program it with out a cas,


staffspeted said:
Now that the Diablo cam software has opened up the Showtime package , being able to receive most of Nilesat has really come into its own. Great work by the Stealth team.:-worship
 
I use the twin base instead of cas but the current stealth software is au , so once the cam is flashed just leave it in your receiver!
 
staffspeted, how has the nilesat channels quality been on your 1.2 in the recent rainy conditions? I'm looking to get Showtime Sports on my dad's old 1.2m dish and don't live too far away from you in the Potters Bar area. I don't really want to have to get a new, bigger dish.
 
Hi Michael.
In obviously crap weather the reception is dodgy as it is on other sats.
However reception is ok in most weather conditions though some of the H transponders are temperamental!!
You should be ok ok in Potters Bar however my set up is coupled with a dedicated Channel Master Feedhorn , a new white tech LNB and a sensitive tuner.
Also I have it located on my roof with no obstructions anywhere so I do get a very good clear view.
Hope you get it ok.
Regards Pete
 
Thanks for that. I'll have to make sure whoever sets it up for me does all that. My satellite is at the bottom of the garden but I think its clear of the house. Can you recommend an stb with a sensitive tuner? I'm getting a legitimate showtime card so I will need a card slot.
 
A good receiver is the Vantage. I use this as a second receiver and the tuner is second to none, I can highly recommend it.
An official full Showtime card can cost £695 , why not try a Diablo cam first to save yourself some money?
 
Thanks for the recommendation, I'll start looking around for that box. I wouldn't know how to use the diablo cam as I don't know that much about satellite systems and cards. I would love to save myslelf a few hundred quid. Could you point me to a tutorial, how often would it go down and need tweaking?
 
staffspeted said:
A good receiver is the Vantage. I use this as a second receiver and the tuner is second to none, I can highly recommend it.
An official full Showtime card can cost £695 , why not try a Diablo cam first to save yourself some money?

How would Showtime stop the Diablo cam from working, would they have to change the cards/encryption? I am just trying to get an idea of how long it might work if I get one.
 
The Diablo is acting as an au emulating an official card.
Nuff said!
 
staffspeted said:
The Diablo is acting as an au emulating an official card.
Nuff said!

So its pretty solid then and the only way to stop us, would be to change encryption then?
 
No, they can do it easier than that, certainly to make autoupdate difficult.
 
Back
Top