Some nilesat horizontal channels on my 1.2m andrews

  • Thread starter Thread starter Rd100
  • Start date Start date
The thing is that we are in wales and nilesat is a weaker here in wales when i reinstalled my dish a few weaks back my televes Spectrum Analyser battery was dead so i used a £45000 Spectrum Analyser from work thats right 45K courtesy of arqiva which i use every day at transmitter sites and earth station and that was the best i could get nilesat here is wales,

Time to get your 1.8m up crossbones my 1.8m prodelin is back in the box untill i move



CROSSBONES said:
Great results staffspeted;)

I will get the 1.2m greg locked on to see what I can get:)
 
Rd100 said:
i used a £45000 Spectrum Analyser from work thats right 45K courtesy of arqiva which i use every day at transmitter sites and earth station and that was the best i could get nilesat here is wales

Using an analyser costing squillions of quid for help in peaking a dish seems a little over the top :eek:

Anything with a screen display of the wanted spectrum, particularly with a facility to expand the display (as does my old Metrix analogue analyser) will be perfectly OK.

Llew
 
Llew said:
Using an analyser costing squillions of quid for help in peaking a dish seems a little over the top :eek:

Anything with a screen display of the wanted spectrum, particularly with a facility to expand the display (as does my old Metrix analogue analyser) will be perfectly OK.

Llew

Yes for a small 120cm dish a dedicated spectrum analyzer is overkill for installation.

The beamwidth is so wide with everything below for dishes below 150cm that any cheap instrument will do.
 
That was good info Likvid on the receiver c/n in db , made interesting reading!!
Those Topfields seem very under rated!
 
Likvid said:
Difference being the Relook 400s or the Koscom would bring in the opposite polarization transponders as well with slight pixelation as RD100 used a Technomate which got a newly developed Sharp tuner which is the same in Relook and Koscom...

Probably this document below will keep you quite for a while, even Christian Mass, aka Dr.Dish have done some tests.

According to this test there is a 0.9dB difference Triple Dragon vs the "old" Relook 300s, 6.9dB vs 6.0dB

Triple Dragon is at the same level as DM7000 and the DM7000 got the worst tuners of all.
Yes, saw that article when it appeared. By 'downstream components' I assume they mean the MPEG decoder and associated components. All the transport information must be available to the MPEG chip, whatever version is used in different receivers, for correct resolution of the stream coming from the tuner.

But simply testing one sample of each receiver (some with the same make of tuner) doesn't allow for the possible variation in sensitivity between similar tuners in the same model. We know that some makes of tuner are more sensitive than others, but a batch of one make of tuner can't all be of exactly the same sensitivity (I'm willing to be corrected on this). It would be nice to have a printout of individual tuner gain/frequency as with some LNBs!

Llew
 
staffspeted said:
That was good info Likvid on the receiver c/n in db , made interesting reading!!
Those Topfields seem very under rated!

Yeah i had a Topfield TF5500 Masterpiece as well, very good tuner but a lousy receiver overall.

It's probably the most hated receiver i ever owned.
 
But it is works so i do not pay to use it:), If i did not have one of if i had no meter would just use a 14 inch tv in the garden with the sat receiver:) ,

70% of the time i use my satlook micro meter,


Llew said:
Using an analyser costing squillions of quid for help in peaking a dish seems a little over the top :eek:

Anything with a screen display of the wanted spectrum, particularly with a facility to expand the display (as does my old Metrix analogue analyser) will be perfectly OK.

Llew
 
I like the technomate 1500 superi have a few receivers but i use that one most i might buy another receiver soon with a better tuner,
 
Rd100 said:
I like the technomate 1500 superi have a few receivers but i use that one most i might buy another receiver soon with a better tuner,

What in everyones opinion would be a better tuner (this thread is going all over the place!!!)
I am looking for a second receiver project to mess around with with feeds etc aside from my TD.
For tuner sensitivity and value I was under the impression that you could not get much better than the Technomate TMS1500 CI but I wait to be corrected!!
 
I am also looking for one for feeds aswell, My technomate is the 1500ci+ super which has fast blind scan i think the TMS version has a better tuner but slow blind scan,


staffspeted said:
What in everyones opinion would be a better tuner (this thread is going all over the place!!!)
I am looking for a second receiver project to mess around with with feeds etc aside from my TD.
For tuner sensitivity and value I was under the impression that you could not get much better than the Technomate TMS1500 CI but I wait to be corrected!!
 
Rd100 said:
I am also looking for one for feeds aswell, My technomate is the 1500ci+ super which has fast blind scan i think the TMS version has a better tuner but slow blind scan,

the vantage receivers have got a very good blind scan function and very good tuner according to user reports and dr dish tv review

the tms 1500 is very good i think as i can pickup mbc on arabsat with triax 90cm dish which aint the best quality dish
 
I'm torn between a blind scan or ss2 / technotrend 3200 for the HD aspect, I'd really like the dream 8000 but i don't see it coming anytime soon™

Anyway back onto thread can anyone answer why the V transponders are much stronger signal wise than H ?

And why is it Showtime are 99% on the H transponders?

Thanks

PJ
 
Well after much consideration and research (thanks also to this thread) I have decided to go for the Vantage X221TS CI for my second non HD receiver.
The blind scan being the best there is sold it to me as well as the support network.
My TD will be taking a back step for a while as it is hacking me off with dropping channels and constant freezing!

Will let you know what I think when it arrives.
 
Where are you buying and what price, cheers

staffspeted said:
Well after much consideration and research (thanks also to this thread) I have decided to go for the Vantage X221TS CI for my second non HD receiver.
The blind scan being the best there is sold it to me as well as the support network.
My TD will be taking a back step for a while as it is hacking me off with dropping channels and constant freezing!

Will let you know what I think when it arrives.
 
Rd you have a PM!:)
 
Yes they both have the same new Samsung chip in them . I just went for the top one cos it comes with a black finish and the price difference was nothing!!
 
Hooked up a technisats sky star 2 and now pulling in all horizontal transponders on nilesat fine. The tuner on the sky star 2 is much better than the technomate:) time to get a new SD receiver i think
 
Great to hear...the difference between receivers is sometimes like throwing a larger dish on the roof!!
 
Back
Top