Sony TV KV-28WF1U, Specs needed please

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triple Dragon, Dreambox 8000, Echostar AD3000ip, TBS6522,6925,6983 PCie cards.
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
The Flatlands of East Anglia
OK sent one by email.

Llew

foody

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
wireless, voip, digiboxes, linux and clutter
My Location
France
Hi both. Looks like about a year ago Paul tried to do a similar thing to me:

I have a KV 24WX1U that I've dragged from the UK to "Dordogneshire"... and we want to be able to pick up both terestrial French TV and the output from a UK digibox.... is it possible?

Did you succeed in the end?

I've entered test mode, thanks to your posts, I have not yet played with the TT numbers much though... I did enter TT26 and got the full list of options on the tuning menu (including the "L" option) - but I still could not tune to a channel (even in B/W)

ps soldering doens't scare me... welding does :-)

Cheers

Mark.

PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
-----------See sig-----------
My Location
Wirral, NW UK and Vaucluse, France.
Hi foody

No I didn't' finish the job I'm afraid. Wife put her foot down and said I wasn't messing round with a working TV so at the moment it's just used for viewing the Digibox with.

Since then I've taken another TV out, 24" W/S Samsung and, although I've yet to connect it to the external aerial, the installation handbook indicates that it is multi-standard enough to understand Secam.

TBH I don't miss the French TV very much. It's of very poor standard and the only reason I would watch it is for the weather forecast which you can get on-line anyway.

foody

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
wireless, voip, digiboxes, linux and clutter
My Location
France
Conclusion
looks like there are missing (or different) parts in both the RF/Sound and video paths

In an infinite universe, anything is possible, but the easy option - buy a new telly :-(