Spice Plat sting?

Status
Not open for further replies.

malcom

Reaction score
I need advise please. I'll try and cut a long story short. An earlier thread I asked about the spice platinum freeview being encrypted. As a result of enquiries i finished up receiving at no charge for a trial perioda Spice Plat card from someone claiming to be an official Spice representative. Paper work recieved with the card seems quite authentic...

Puts card in and it worked straight away for 2 hours then went off leaving sound on only. Came back on for another two hours and finally went off but sound still remains.

Original sender of card claims they are having viaccess encryption problems.

I have not parted with any money but i am sure that would have been the next stage if the card were to continue working. So i think it may have been an attempted sting by someone making pirate cards.

That's ok I can stop playing that game...What bothers me though is if it is something more...

I lack technical knowledge of the pirate card game and worry that someone may be able to produce a pirate card that when used in an embedded viaccess machine could harm the viaccess system and make it possible that even an official card would not work.

Could anyone advise as to if this is technically possible before I commit to buying an official card!!!

Sorry about the long rant hope some one can advise.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Go to a registered dealer _http://www.spiceplatinum.co.uk/spice_tfnddealer.htm and you should have no problems.

malcom

Reaction score
rolfw said:
Go to a registered dealer _http://www.spiceplatinum.co.uk/spice_tfnddealer.htm and you should have no problems.

I contacted a registered dealer as advised. The reply I got was that Spice platinum are having sound only problems due to the fact Spice are having pirat card problems!!!

I am now confused as to the authenticity of my original supplier. Genuine or not I just don't know now. although no recent e-mails have been answered...

Understand the following if you can.....

Another mystery though is the fact the registered dealer said they checked spice platinum for "Me" yesterday. Problem with that is I didn't notify them till today...Square that circle??

malcom

Reaction score
Update to my original post. The lovely Spice Platinum channel is back on my reciever. I seem to have misjudged and over reacted to a situation...

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 7000s - Nokia Freeview - Several GameBoys - DS Lite - ZX81 - SNES - N64 - Saturn - Dreamcast - PlayStation - PS2 - Gamecube - PSP - iPod - iPhone - XBox - PS3 - Wii - iPad - No Life!
My Location
Scotland
Read they have been having problems with the encryptions.

Plus the upset when they joined TPS and the channel was decoding during the day which upset a lot of people.

They keep fiddling with the encryption so I hope it stays for you.

alkh1983

Reaction score
new codes for spice platinum

:

TPS*13E : key=******************* 15/06/2005

TPS*13E : key=******************* 15/06/2005

NO KEYS TO BE POSTED ON THE FORUM

rooom

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technosat
My Location
UAE
malcom said:
Update to my original post. The lovely Spice Platinum channel is back on my reciever. I seem to have misjudged and over reacted to a situation...

can i get he new code for spice channel
please

joshjess

Reaction score
Always amazing is that when someone mentions keys or something free that a brand new member with 1 post always asks for the details.

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
joshjess said:
Always amazing is that when someone mentions keys or something free that a brand new member with 1 post always asks for the details.

Just like fly paper (before it was outlawed) it is the search engine effect, just shows the true power of the web.....

test1234

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
starsat
My Location
KSA
i am using startsat receiver.

anyone know of any mature content channels ?

it seems spice , multivision and xxl are all gone ....

also pls help me with new key for any of these or any other channels that can be tuned in my receiver ...

pls share if someone has any key for these..

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
Channel Hopper said:

Woah, I just lost half an hour wandering around that site. Amazing pics.

Dishes are kinda nice, but you just can't beat a huge yagi or 6 on a 42m mast :)

I had a friend with a 20m (I think) retractable mast once, and I though THAT was stupid-tall...

Muthuswamy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Inform me new codes of Hotbird channels.
My Location
Kuwait
please send new keys for spice platinum and multivision.my email id is mn_132000:-shhyahoo.com

Lancelot

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SS1.
125cm Gibbi with Channelmaster feedhorn and Inverto C120 twin.
36v H to H 62E - 61.5W
My Location
South central
They are not currently available to anyone. :(

L.

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
If we come across them, the last thing we'll be doing is emailing them to you.

:-bash

test1234

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
starsat
My Location
KSA
i have the keys for multivision for all 7 channels , its automatically updated i think.

but still it says no audio video

what to do ?

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
It says no audio or video probably because the keys are out of date by the time you get them, as is explained in the many other threads on the same subject.

Status
Not open for further replies.