Splitting Channels over WIFI

DazAndrews

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
VSAT Network
My Location
IRAQ
Hi Guys, can anyone help? We are currently providing VSAT WIFI Internet to British Troops abroad and would love to stream via WIFI, SAT TV into there accommodation.

The problem I'm having at the moment is how would it be possible to split channels (via Dreambox and WIFI) to multiple rooms, which gives each soldier access to various channels at the same time, is this possible and if so how?

Many thanks for your time guys.
Kind Regards Daz

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
:-Welcome1 to the forum DazAndrews
I'm afraid I'm not a dreamer but I understand that with a DB you are limited to one channel recording and another viewing so in general the answer is No. But no doubt someone will correct me if I am mistaken.

I suggest you have a good read here as a lot of the info is here in T_G's
idiots guide and STICK'S WIFI guide. There are also some recent posts regarding the 11b and 11g's and which will work etc. Don't be afraid to have a good look around and use the powerful search engine to find more specific items. If you still cannot find what you are looking for then post a question.
How do you intend keeping the equipment cool out there or do you have aircon as I am sure it must be at least 45deg +

DazAndrews

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
VSAT Network
My Location
IRAQ
Hi there many thanks for the reply. I'll take alook at the info, as requested.

You are quite right temp's out here especially in the sun during mid day top around 50+. Our LANCOM WIFI equipment outside usually tops about 58-60+ so keeping that cool is not easy, but so far its managed to keep running. LANCOM do tell me it should keep running until it hits the big 70 mark, but I don't intend on been around in those sort of temps!!!!!

Regards Daz