Square on screen plugin?

andyxxxx

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox DM800HD - Technomate TM600 - Technomate TM500 Super - SkyBox F5 -- Triax TD110 Dish on TM2600 Motor - Zone 1 sky dish
My Location
Newcastle, UK
Is there a plugin out there which can place a movable square on the screen of an E2 receiver, over the video?

A friend of mine runs a pub and is concerned about the new PL logo that's being broadcast on the channels he uses.

I thought this may be a better solution than sticking gaffer tape on the screen.

smoggy07

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky minidish and Sky + HD 250gig Anytime+ box with full ish appart from sports and movies, Dreambox DM500s clone (Pli Jade3 max var F/W), Motorised 1.1Meter Dish
My Location
middlesbrough, teesside, northeast coast, uk
andyxxxx said:
Is there a plugin out there which can place a movable square on the screen of an E2 receiver, over the video?

A friend of mine runs a pub and is concerned about the new PL logo that's being broadcast on the channels he uses.

I thought this may be a better solution than sticking gaffer tape on the screen.

It maybe do-able using a pc with a video in and video out card where by he loops the box into the pc and super-imposes a square over the screen then outputs it to the main screens, sort of like picture in picture

I wouldnt know what kind of pc software to use though or how to go about setting it up

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Its probably only a matter of time :D

andyxxxx

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox DM800HD - Technomate TM600 - Technomate TM500 Super - SkyBox F5 -- Triax TD110 Dish on TM2600 Motor - Zone 1 sky dish
My Location
Newcastle, UK
Analoguesat said:
Its probably only a matter of time :D

Hopefully. There's a plugin out there named AntiLogo which, on paper, does what I want to do. however it seems very unstable and after positioning a square throws a hissy fit and restarts enigma.

smoggy07 said:
It maybe do-able using a pc with a video in and video out card where by he loops the box into the pc and super-imposes a square over the screen then outputs it to the main screens, sort of like picture in picture

I wouldnt know what kind of pc software to use though or how to go about setting it up

Good suggestion, It's a complicated solution but if it comes to that I suppose that's what we'll have to do

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
What would be even better would be a blurring effect - you know how they pixellate out car reg plates on the Police Stop! type programmes.

fergyc

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
VU+ Duo with ViX and OSCAM, Prof Revolution 7301 PCI Card, 2x Dreambox 500S, 80cm Technomate Dish with Inverto Black Ultra and TM-2600 DiSEqC Motor. Technomate TM-300D along with a few zone 1 minidishes that get moved regularly and a zone 2 for 19e a
My Location
Northumberland
Analoguesat said:
What would be even better would be a blurring effect - you know how they pixellate out car reg plates on the Police Stop! type programmes.

Or, ironically, what Sky do when they're using Australia Channel 9 to show the cricket!