rashwan

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox DM 500-s
ubuntu 9.04 machine
My Location
Egypt
Hello ,

i have 4 PCs and 1 Dreambox 500 connect to Speedtouch router, the problem is that only 1 pc can connect properly to dreambox

other PCs cannot open the Enigma Web Interface nor ftp to specific "enigma" folder , i can ftp but cannot copy/past and cannot open the "var/tuxbox/config/enigma
and cannot record via NGrabLite while all settings are set properly and i can see the RED LED but it records nothing (4kb)
any tips ?

Code:
Dreambox 500s
Speedtouch Router
DHCP enabled

shumifan50

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2xDM7025(DVB-S tuner), DM600SPVR, DM800S, DM500S HD, Triax 90cm with MultiBracket 4 sats.
My Location
Europe
I had endless troubles with speedtouch routers, so I no longer use them.
Having said that: Are all the PCs plugged directly into the router or do you have wireless plugged into the router and PCs connecting through wireless.
Some wireless connections will not support the web interface as they are too slow.

Also I notice that DHCP is enabled. Have you locked your MAC address of your dreambox to a specific IP? If not it will change sporadically. I normally run all my devices with static (no DHCP) IP addresses as then they don't 'move around'. If you want to use DHCP then you should still set your dreambox up with a static IP (or lock the MAC to an IP - I dont know if speedtouch can do this), but be sure that your dreambox IP does not conplict with the IPs issued by the DHCP server. Normally the range of IPs issued by the router can be controlled in the setup.

IMPORTANT NOTE:
If you are setting up your dreambox, it needs a DHCP server to get an initial IP address used for flashing the dreambox over the network - be aware. If you flash using a serial cable (most dreamboxes) or USB cable (DM500HD) then this is not needed.

rashwan

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox DM 500-s
ubuntu 9.04 machine
My Location
Egypt
the 4 PCs plugged wireless (include the PC that works) , also i remember it worked one day and the 4 PCs connected successfully to the Dream but nowadays donno whats wrong!
I've managed to "Always use the same address: YES" from router's page

well...i'll try to chnage the router to see if that make any changes and i'll post results later , thanks for help anyway

dig deep

Prince of Birthdays
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dream7020 and AZ Elite and a few DM800
My Location
Sweden
Think it is a good idea to have a static IP for the dreambox, so untic DHCP and see what IP You get from the setup in the box. Then test if You can connect to it.

I had similar problems with that modem, it´s in the drawer, really deep inside it.