Strong signal and Quality but only 3 channels - whats going on?

wjppp

Member
My Satellite Setup
Grundig bix
sky
My Location
south of france
Hi,

I'm in the South of France, and we have a 1m dish up pointing to the sky satallite Astra28 (I believe its called). We pretty much used to get all of the channels, but over the summer they started dropping out one by one. Now all we have is ITV3 and E4 and thats it.
I brought a satallite signal strength box of ebay and just been up the ladder and positioned it (didnt really move it at all) to the strongest signal and quality. Now checking the signal test on the box (a grundig) I have the following:

Signal strenth: 90%
Quality: 75%
Lock: ok
Network: 0002
Transport stream: 07d4

Now from my searching on the forum these should be ok.
I still only have ITV3,and E4 - the rest of the channels just stay No satellite signal is being received. I used to get all the channels, and I havent changed anything.

Can any help here? Any ideas?
thanks very much
Wayne
 
The clue is in the word Grundig

Its suffering from capaciter failure in the power supply unit. A very, very common fault in Grungs of all types.
 
So you think its defo the box then? why some channels and not others?

Things I have a projector and not a TV, so need a S-video out. Anyone know of a box that supports that?
 
Dunno why it affects some channels not others, but I had a rather nice Grundig GDS3000 and it failed in exactly the same way a year ago.

You will find the box it in the terminal stages of total failure and is likely to totally pack up in the near future.

I think the SKy+ boxes have S-video out.
 
Back
Top