Strong signal but quality sticks to zero

jmnil

Member
My Satellite Setup
120cm Pointing to Viasat (Viasat LT card) |
Wavefrontier T90 with 7 LNB |
VU+ Duo with VTI 1.0 |
DM600 PVR with Gemini 4.6
My Location
Brussel
Hello

Sorry that's probably a stupid newby question

I am beeing trying since 3 weeks to tune correctly my 120 antenna toward sirius. I allready got a 60% on power and quality = 100%. But that just allows me to watch Channel on the nordic beam during the day. After 17:00 I couldn't see anything.
I am in Brussels and know some people who manage to recieve all channels of both beams on 110 antenna. So I try to re-do the antenna tuning to increase the signal power. I managed to increase it to 71% but I loose totally the quality which stick to zero on all frequencies of both beams.

How is it possible that I increase the power and loose all quality? What should I try?

Thanks in advance for your advices
 
By 'tuning' you mean alignment ....

Is it possible that you cannot get back on to the satellite
 
Yes I mean alignement toward the satellite.

What do you mean by "Is it possible that you cannot get back on to the satellite"?
 
jmnil said:
Yes I mean alignement toward the satellite.

What do you mean by "Is it possible that you cannot get back on to the satellite"?

Meaning, with No signal quality, you may not be on the satellite at all :D
 
satelliteman said:
Meaning, with No signal quality, you may not be on the satellite at all :D

Ok you were right and I was probably very tired :-DOH!. I was A few degree to much on east.

I eventually managed to get the channel of the nordic beam on Sirius 4 during the night with my 120cm in Brussel.
 
Well done:-handclap:-thumb1:-applause It give one a sense of satisfaction when you finally get what you desire.
 
Back
Top