Stronger SAT Drowning out Weaker SAT

esto

Member
My Satellite Setup
Kathrein uas 912
My Location
CE
I am trying to get 4W, but 5W right next to it is much stronger and "drowning out" the weaker 4W signal. In my area, the 4W signal is reported in the 45dB range, and the 5W to be 50dB or higher.

When I point a 1m dish directly at 4W I can (just) get it, but on a 80cm or smaller, 5W is too strong and drowns the 4W signal out. Aside from pointing a 1m dish directly at 4W, is there any other way? Would a "slim" LNB help? Would the smaller feeder cap provide more focus on the intended beam and reduce chances of picking up neighboring SAT signals?
 
It's easier with a larger dish because a) it has a tighter beam for focussing on the satellite and b) you probably need that size to pick up the signal. I couldn't get a peep out of 4W with my 85cm here.
 
I can only receive 4W on my 1.2M motorised set up here and still get 5W when I do a blind scan. It doesn't affect the channels I receive from 4W (surely there would be no TP's reused on both sats as they are so close together?) though some of the 4W tp's are variable and only come in at certain times of the day and when the weather is clear, E.G 11601H.

Don't go down to a slim LNB, you'll lose 4W altogether in all probability....
 
When I point a 1m dish directly at 4W I can (just) get it, but on a 80cm or smaller, 5W is too strong and drowns the 4W signal out. Aside from pointing a 1m dish directly at 4W, is there any other way? Would a "slim" LNB help?
As Rolf says, the narrow beam is a function of the larger dish. If anything, in order to be sure you should be thinking of an even larger dish, say 1.2m.

BTW, where are you situated? If CE means the the European Union that's a pretty large area and dish recommendations will vary hugely.
 
In satellite size is everything.
If you can get 4w with a 1mt dish then do that.
You should also get 5w as well from the same dish.
On the 80cm dish 5w is not drowning out 4w.
Its just that the 80cm dish is too small.
 
Back
Top