T-Rex problem

kiplis

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Non
My Location
Scandinavia
So I have T.Rex 4.6 with Predasaur 213 software and official Canal Plus and a Viasat NDS cards from providers in hand, but the encryption is not working. My ReelBox is showing “Dekoding OK”, NDS section has the valid n:-ohmy from my old Nokia box. In Nokia box both cards are decoding just fine. Have tried to use Predator 452-456 but no help. T-Rex module is working with Free to Air channels. What could be the problem? :-worship

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2M Channel Master, 1224 motor, VU+ Duo 2
My Location
North West
Hi kiplis,
the problem is probably that the required CAID's are missing, luckilly it is very easy to add the correct ones by using CAID_SHA_Fix, which you can find in the Editors and Utilities section, click on home, forums and scroll down to the editors utilities section.
Once you have downloaded this useful too, open it and load the Predasaur/Predator file you wish to modify, Load File (Dra).
I think 0919 is required for S*y, just type 0919 into ADD CAID, and click the + sign, then save this file, click Save File (Dra) and then load this new file into your Cam. I'm not sure which CAID is required for your other card, but I'm sure someone can help.
You should also be getting Premiere, on 19.2E, and D+, if you manually change the 01 key, go into the cams menu, and debug, click on OhlAladin and Digital + 4101 and manually insert the keys, which you can find links to on this forum.
The keys might be in hex format (2 characters letters A-E, numbers 0-9) and require converting to Dec (3 numbers 0-9), you can do this using a Matrix keyer, also found in the Editors Utilities section, MR Hex to Dec Key Converter.
If you experience any problems, or this does not solve your original problem, please post back.
Best wishes
Mickha

kiplis

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Non
My Location
Scandinavia
You are right, it was a question of right CAID. CAID_SHA_Fix is a MUST;)

Thanks, all in order now.

Mickha said:
Hi kiplis,
the problem is probably that the required CAID's are missing, luckilly it is very easy to add the correct ones by using CAID_SHA_Fix, which you can find in the Editors and Utilities section, click on home, forums and scroll down to the editors utilities section.

Mickha

kiplis

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Non
My Location
Scandinavia
Mickha said:
Hi kiplis,
If you experience any problems, or this does not solve your original problem, please post back.
Best wishes
Mickha

Hi Mickha.

Regarding the quote above about the functionality of T-Rex, I just wanted to thank you once more as your advice some time ago has helped me to overcome problems with T-Rex 4.6 with NDS DVB-S (SD) encryption, of course with the official card.
So far so good, but now I have faced an other problem. Even if T-Rex works fine with Predator 3.56 for NDS DVB-S (SD), it does not work with DVB-S2 (HD) encryption. Any ideas??

-kiplis-

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
North West
You could try a later predator firmware, the latest being 366.
The problem with the T-Rex/Dragon cam is that only kinkdink is supporting these cams now, and it might take a new file to get this working, and if it's a compatibility issue between the cam and receiver it might never be fixed.
Check for any firmware updates on your receivers manufaturers web site.
Also check the internet to see if anyone else with your set up is experiencing problems.

kiplis

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Non
My Location
Scandinavia
OK, thanks Mickha.

I believe you are right about T-Rex. In case that T-Rex is not the most flexible, what about some other modules for NDS? What can you recommend?

-kiplis-

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
North West
I would consider the Dreambox, or other Linux receiver, as these can also update the card with the stay alive signal.
There is a new HD dreambox due out I believe, but there are other receivers as well.
The question is will S*y act to stop their cards being used in any third party equipment.
Have a read through the Linux receivers threads and see if one will work for you.

kiplis

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Non
My Location
Scandinavia
Well, I’m unfortunate owner of Linux-based ReelBox, which have never worked properly. It has being standing useless now for more than one year, as even the “experts” at Reel Multimedia can’t make it to work. I will never ever touch box with Linux OS, even if it was the only available system in the market. I’ll rather watch my washing machine window instead of trying to fight with Linux.
Thanks for your help anyway.

-kiplis-

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
North West
Some have had similar problems with s few Linux receivers but the Dreambox always seems to have good support, from satellite enthusiasts, and owners seem quite happy.
Using a Linux receiver is more difficult than basic receivers but can be more rewarding once they are set up correctly.