Rob
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triple dragon & Technomate receivers
Dioblo & Dragon cams &
motorised dish
My Location
UK
Hello Llew,i'm sure it is a crossover lan as i used to use it to connect my pc to my xbox to get files on to one from the other.The Lp address of the td and the ip of the pc,do they have to be identical to each other.It tries to connect but then goes red again,usually one connects out of the three connections.

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triple Dragon, Dreambox 8000, Echostar AD3000ip, TBS6522,6925,6983 PCie cards.
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
The Flatlands of East Anglia
No, but keep them in the same address range e.g. - 192.168.1. xx

Example - TD ip (LIP) 192.168.1.24 PC ip (RIP) 192.168.1.2

So set LIP in bootloader to the same ip you have entered in your TD menu's network settings

Set RIP to your PC's ip as shown in the Softupdate FAQ.

Maybe you could try turning off the firewall in your PC, could be causing problems.

mrgoodall

Rob
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dioblo & Dragon cams &
motorised dish
My Location
UK
Cheers,i'll have another crack at it

mrgoodall

Rob
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dioblo & Dragon cams &
motorised dish
My Location
UK
I've done it,cheers Llew,top man and thanks for your last post.Now what is the best programme to update the keys with ?

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
Easy peasy eh Rob? You should have seen me tearing my hair out when I started this stuff :-rofl2

OK, stick with the TSC prog, go to tools in the left hand corner and click on FTP.

This is the program you will use to transfer keys from your PC too the TD.

In the FTP screen, you will have two sections - the left side will show all the directories and files on your TD, the right side your PC's directories.

When you have downloaded a current key package for your TD from a suitable key site to somewhere on your PC, it will have a 'keys' and 'scce' folder. You transfer them to the directory on your TD. They will live in the /var/keys and /var/scce folder.
At present. if you click on /var on the left side, you will see the keys folder is empty ATM, as TDMan doesn't provide them. Same with scce.

Try JKF's site for a recent set of TD keys (dekameron usually keeps them fairly updated)

Llew

mrgoodall

Rob
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dioblo & Dragon cams &
motorised dish
My Location
UK
Cheers Llew,I'm already a member of that forum,i'll have a go of that now,you learn something new every day,lets just hope that i can remember it all.

mrgoodall

Rob
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dioblo & Dragon cams &
motorised dish
My Location
UK
Hello again Llew,just a quick question.When i keep adding keys to these folders,will they get full up pretty quick,because i've read that you should keep your flash rom under 80% full as your system will start to show green lines and freeze up and stuff.

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Well you're not really adding anything extra to the folder, just replacing keys with new versions.

I think it's stuff like plugins that take up space.

The odd green line can appear occasionally during viewing, worse when the CPU is working hard, streaming video etc.

mrgoodall

Rob
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dioblo & Dragon cams &
motorised dish
My Location
UK
Cheers mate,ive learnt a good few things today from you.

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Any time mate, always happy to help. Still learning myself after two+ years :confused

Re the FTP prog - just click on your key folder on the PC side and then the little green arrow in the middle pointing left to transfer the file over to the TD section. This will replace the existing key folder. Same with scce.

Similarly of course you can transfer, say, your current TD settings (channel lists, dish settings, favourite list) to a folder on your PC to save them so you can re-upload them to the TD if you decide to try another image. These are found in var/share/dvb2001.

You could always try an image that holds the EMUs, plugins and keys on a USB stick if you want to keep the var % down.

Recommended images are the Dragon Team 4.1a or Fusion 2, both using a USB stick in that way.

Llew

Nolan

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triple Dragon, Kaon KVR-1000 Plus, Echostar PVR-5020, 85cm Triax steerable dish, 1 mtr offset dish.
My Location
Netherlands
I just want to make a remark on mrgoodall freezing problems.

Make sure that HARDDISK STAY VISIBLE is checked YES.

I had similar problems myself using TDman.