TD110 C-Band LNB Adapter

Vipersan

Emmett Browns Ghost
My Satellite Setup
IP9000HD +
TD110 Dish and TD88 Dish in Tandem
66°East to 60°West.
AZbox PrmHD + OpnbxS9HD + Skybox + DrHD F15
2x VboxII AZ-EL
2 m+ Alcoa PF + BSC421 C-Band lnbf...
+SS2/TwHnS2-3200 pci/TBS6925 pci
1.5 Fortec Star -Gbox - HtoH Ku/Ka/C
My Location
UK
Hi friends ..
Not been fit to climb ladders and work on the dishes for a couple of days ..so decided to work on my latest creation..at ground level..

All cut from a section of 1/8th thick Aluminium I section bar..

Feature a simple clamp design to fasten around the lnb support arm ..
This can move backwards and forwards for focus ..
And a sliding key slot to allow some lateral movement of the lnb.

I've retained some of the I section in the form of a T ...to provide a support rib ..and therefore strength vertically..
Can't try this until the stainless steel m5 nuts & bolts I've ordered arrive ..and I'm fit to go up the ladder.
But hopefully this will allow a Cband lnb to be fitted approx 4 degrees offset to the focus on the TD110.

Now that lightweight black ultras have been fitted on the TD110 ..
The considerably reduced weight at the end of the lnb arm ..will hopefully make less of a weight issue with regard to fitting this new Cband assembly

rgds
VS
 

Attachments

  • DSCF0123.webp
    DSCF0123.webp
    105.7 KB · Views: 221
  • DSCF0124.webp
    DSCF0124.webp
    100.4 KB · Views: 218
  • DSCF0125.webp
    DSCF0125.webp
    86.3 KB · Views: 186
VS why are you doing this with such a small dish? A 1.8m is already pretty marginal for C-band... but a 1m is going to have the performance of a 30cm dish in Ku band.
 
@Vipersan

fOR C BAND 5W is the way to go.I made some experiments on a noname 110cm offset and I was surprised how many channels I receive from 5w ,in c band of course!I remember that I can't receive KTN Kenya ,it has lower signal ..other works well

Please let us know the channels that you managed 2 receive with your tda11o

Good luck
 
Huevos said:
VS why are you doing this with such a small dish? A 1.8m is already pretty marginal for C-band... but a 1m is going to have the performance of a 30cm dish in Ku band.

..Its the spirit of adventure thing Huevos ..
I know for a fact I can get a few channels from 40W ...5W ....27W .... on a TD88 ...with a cband lnb offset by 5 degrees ...
So in answer to your question ..
Why not ..give it a go ..

I also have a tree in the way from 45 East to 60 East ....even during the winter months ..
Maybe just maybe ...I'll have a chance to see over the tree in the winter months using the TD110..

..also ...for me its a hobby ..so am prepared to go that extra mile just see whats possble.

@ DOS ....I will of course post up any results once I get the LNB mounted ...which may be a while yet.

rgds
VS
 
Hi friends ..
Just a quick pic by way of confirmation that the Cband lnb ..mounted earlier on the TD110 is working ..
Totally not optimised yet ..
approx 6 degrees offset from the focus ...and the plate in the wrong way so L & R are depolarised incorrectly ..

Literally just assembled and fitted with no tweaking ..

Here is the one channel I knew I could get at 40W ..
..a good 6.5 db.. ;)
Sorry about the photo quality ..

also ..pulled BFBS ...noooo problems ..
but of course this is encrypted so no pics..
Its a start I s'pose

rgds
VS
 

Attachments

  • DSCF0130.webp
    DSCF0130.webp
    46.9 KB · Views: 103
  • DSCF0131.webp
    DSCF0131.webp
    89.7 KB · Views: 105
A slight change to what I posted above ..
Nepali TV

Britsh Forces Broadcasting Service channel 13 is currently fta ..
So Had to grab a quick photo..
rgds
VS
 

Attachments

  • DSCF0133.webp
    DSCF0133.webp
    60 KB · Views: 96
Ok ..
Same setup as above ..
too windy to be up a ladder ..when your balance is impaired as mine is currently ..
So moved the TD110 to 27.5W ..

3 transponders captured with the offset cband lnb ..
I'll try and grab a picture of the assembly roughly placed asap..
Here are the channels ..
VOA I expected
NTA & RTG were a bonus ;)
rgds
VS
 

Attachments

  • DSCF0150.webp
    DSCF0150.webp
    86 KB · Views: 96
  • DSCF0149.webp
    DSCF0149.webp
    68.7 KB · Views: 97
  • DSCF0148.webp
    DSCF0148.webp
    114.3 KB · Views: 84
  • DSCF0147.webp
    DSCF0147.webp
    105.2 KB · Views: 96
  • DSCF0146.webp
    DSCF0146.webp
    89.1 KB · Views: 97
  • DSCF0145.webp
    DSCF0145.webp
    79.2 KB · Views: 97
..and here are 3 pics of the assembly ..
One is a crafty peek through the bathroom window ..
at 27W its possible to get a reasonable angle..
rgds
VS
 

Attachments

  • DSCF0151.webp
    DSCF0151.webp
    87.2 KB · Views: 117
  • DSCF0152.webp
    DSCF0152.webp
    67.2 KB · Views: 123
  • DSCF0153.webp
    DSCF0153.webp
    64.7 KB · Views: 138
Hi friends..
Just completed a scan of 22 West

Managed to lock 2 transponders relatively easily ..using the offset config as above..
The American forces Network on 4115 ...
Sadly no pics ..as its encrypted in powervu ..

but did manage a few snaps from the Arabsat/ASBU Bouquet on 4179 ..
too many channels to photograph...but grabbed a couple of samples

this one was a little trickier as its fec is 7/8

However ..do remember this setup is using an lnb offset by almost 6 degrees ...
..as with many birds scanned so far ..many channels are borderline lockable and imo would easily lock up on a TD110 ..with the lnb at the focus ..
please keep that in mind..
Granted not a huge haul of channels ...but to anyone who says C band isn't possible without a big dish ..
..all I can say is ...that is a myth ...and it can be done with a little dedication ..and effort..

I'll keep looking at the other C band birds but not expecting miracles ..
I'm extremly pleased with what has been achieved so far tho'
rgds
VS
 

Attachments

  • DSCF0167.webp
    DSCF0167.webp
    97.4 KB · Views: 100
  • DSCF0165.webp
    DSCF0165.webp
    123.4 KB · Views: 88
  • DSCF0160.webp
    DSCF0160.webp
    92.6 KB · Views: 103
Congratulations VS:)

Nice work man reminds me good memories when 5 years ago a tested
76,5E on a dish fixed at 75East and the Maldivian channel works ..

BTW i'm shocked eeing that on your location 27,5W is soo strong here is really weak with 150cm pf dish and the signal variable!

VS what can you tell about reception of 34,5W and 37,5W with your Triax offset?Please check METRO TV from 37,5w , I have No Signal for a couple of weeks!Maybe at your location works just fine

Keep on the work and check all the birds especially 11w 5 w 30,5e 40e , 49e , 57e all have strong enough signals on some channels


Best Regards
DoktorOfSat
 
Hi Doktor ..
I'd love to check Metro for you ..but might be a bit tricky on the Triax/offset combo ..
It being H/V not L/R ..

The LNB feed assembly is weather sealed as you can see from the photo ...and the tupperwear dome contains a modified 'T' plate depolariser..
I'd have to bring down the assembly and remove the plate I suspect ...but I'll give it a go with the plate installed ..just to see if I get anything at all ..

Thanks for the encouragement ..I do appreciate it ..
I'm hoping also that this might encourage a few more 1 or 1.2 mtre dish owners to get involved with C-Band

rgds
VS

...oh and I should also mention that I am 'blind' from 45 East to 60 East ...as I have a tree in the way ..
One of the reasons for creating this Triax add on ...is that hopefully I'll be able to see over the tree in the winter months ..but its almost certainly a no go ..on either the TD110 ...or the Alcoa 1.8 at the moment ..
..the tree is in full leaf.
 
@Doktorofsat

Yes I can confirm Metro is still there on 37.5W ..
Not enough to get a lock on the TD110 ..with the T plate installed ..
I suspect it would be sufficient signal if the lnb was at the focus ..and the plate removed ..

but ..still a fairly healthy signal level at my location

rgds
VS
 

Attachments

  • DSCF0171.webp
    DSCF0171.webp
    78.9 KB · Views: 88
doktorofsat said:
57e all have strong enough signals on some channels
Signal from 57E is pretty weak this far west. The only transponders that are currently above the cliff edge for me (with the 1.5m dish) are 3800R and 4071L (probably due to the 1/2 FEC).

37W on the other hand is pretty easy at the moment.

screenshot.webp Program about Ghana's psychiatric hospitals.
 
Finally arrived at 5 west ...
Far to many channels to post up ..
approx 40 TV ..and as many radio stations..

Here are a few samples
;)
rgds
VS
 

Attachments

  • DSCF0182.webp
    DSCF0182.webp
    76.8 KB · Views: 87
  • DSCF0181.webp
    DSCF0181.webp
    60.2 KB · Views: 90
  • DSCF0179.webp
    DSCF0179.webp
    65.2 KB · Views: 92
  • DSCF0177.webp
    DSCF0177.webp
    93.2 KB · Views: 94
  • DSCF0176.webp
    DSCF0176.webp
    58.7 KB · Views: 92
  • DSCF0174.webp
    DSCF0174.webp
    66.9 KB · Views: 95
  • DSCF0172.webp
    DSCF0172.webp
    59.1 KB · Views: 95
..and a couple more...
 

Attachments

  • DSCF0184.webp
    DSCF0184.webp
    35.4 KB · Views: 86
  • DSCF0186.webp
    DSCF0186.webp
    56 KB · Views: 82
  • DSCF0187.webp
    DSCF0187.webp
    69.2 KB · Views: 81
  • DSCF0188.webp
    DSCF0188.webp
    86.6 KB · Views: 91
Vipersan said:
approx 40 TV ..and as many radio stations
Is that just FTA or is it including a load of encrypted stuff? I've got 16 FTA TV channels on that one.
 
...Hi Huevos ..
Yes you're right ..that includes the scrambled channels ..testcards ...and feeds
I just looked at the final score ..channel count wise...once the scan had completed..
rgds
VS
 
Love it, this is what being a sat nut is all about. Respect.
 
...Had to admit defeat @ 1W ..
Some very strong data transponders on this one in C band ..
but sadly nothing strong enough for a lock TV wise..
The closest being AFN ...which just made an appearance at 1db ..

..so ..I've yet to try 2.8 East ,20East and 30 East ..which shouldn't be in the shadow of the troublesome tree..
rgds
VS
;)
 
Thanks for testing VS and Huevos

Here at my location Metro TV has low signal works with macroblocks .It has instable signal also with 1,5m

Here interesting Huevos ; about 57East here at my qth 57E has the same signal like 5w for example in C band!!Acording to "flysat' channels are on West Hemi beam , but I think smt is wrong with these beams:confused: there is an Eastern one 4 sure

Btw Huevos what is the most east satellite position that you can receive?


Best Regards
DoktorOfSat
 
Back
Top